Seekins Element owners - which brake?

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
Gents - I recently picked up a Seekins Element in 6.5 PRC. I typically use a suppressor on my rifles, but I'd like to keep the weight down as much as possible, so I'd prefer to use a brake for this rig. The rifle came with a radial style brake, but at the range the other day, it's really not that effective. The rifle jumps quite a bit with recoil, making it difficult to stay on target.

For those with the Element and a brake - which brake are you using? A self timing would be preferred, but with a smaller profile at the muzzle (around 0.700"), options appear a little limited when trying to keep it a somewhat small profile.

Clark33

WKR
I used one of these with good results before going suppressed

Now it looks like this
11410011-EE09-4BBE-9063-0ACFD0D6F3A1.jpeg

OP
W

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
^^ The PVA looks like a great option. Totally forgot about them.

I’d definitely prefer to stay suppressed. Unfortunately, my Gunwerks 8ight weighs 18 oz, which adds a lot of unnecessary weight. Kind of wishing I’d have picked up a TBAC Ultra 7 before they vanished recently.

FattyBinz

FNG
I used one of these with good results before going suppressed

Now it looks like this
View attachment 715005
How is the recoil with the TBAC (I think that is what you got on there). Waiting to get mine out of jail. Able to spot shots? If so, what caliber?

Clark33

WKR
How is the recoil with the TBAC (I think that is what you got on there). Waiting to get mine out of jail. Able to spot shots? If so, what caliber?
Yep ultra 7, it’s a 6cm no issue spotting shots. Not as good as a 3 port brake but still totally manageable

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We actually have Seekins recommending our brakes now.

We make a timing nut that tapers to .750" with a 5/8-24 thread. You can get this in a 2 3 or 4 port brake in SS or Ti. Its the best looking and performing option out there. It works phenomenally well and also doesn't have a huge step and look chunky. Timing nut is shown here.

1716419729915.png

Ken

Last edited:
OP
W

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
We actually have Seekins recommending our brakes now.

We make a timing nut that tapers to .750" with a 5/8-24 thread. You can get this in a 2 3 or 4 port brake in SS or Ti. Its the best looking and performing option out there. It works phenomenally well and also doesn't have a huge step and look chunky. Timing nut is shown here.

View attachment 715257

Ken
Ken,
Thanks for the info! The tapered nut looks great. I’m thinking I’ll be going with your brake!