Seekins Custom Shop

Anyone have experience with the Seekins Custom Shop? Made a few attempts to get in touch with them this week to see what they offered. Mainly interested in getting some ideas on a custom PH2 or Element.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with the Seekins Custom Shop? Made a few attempts to get in touch with them this week to see what they offered. Mainly interested in getting some ideas on a custom PH2 or Element.
I reached out to them about taking a PH2 and having it cut down to 20". They informed me their custom builds start at around $4000 and that they cant take one of their existing rifles and modify it, youd have to do a full custom build. You are probably better off buying the gun on its own and taking it to a gunsmith to do any modifications.

The specs I was looking for for the PH2 I wanted was fairly similar to the element so I ended up getting convinced to buy the element.

I spoke to Jordan through [email protected] and he was very helpful and responsive. I actually emailed him earlier today and he responded in 5 minutes.

Hope this info helps!

I reached out to them about taking a PH2 and having it cut down to 20". They informed me their custom builds start at around $4000 and that they cant take one of their existing rifles and modify it, youd have to do a full custom build. You are probably better off buying the gun on its own and taking it to a gunsmith to do any modifications.

The specs I was looking for for the PH2 I wanted was fairly similar to the element so I ended up getting convinced to buy the element.

I spoke to Jordan through [email protected] and he was very helpful and responsive. I actually emailed him earlier today and he responded in 5 minutes.

Hope this info helps!
Are they not offering a re-barrel service anymore? I have a local smith getting a proof barrel procured and set up for my PH2.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Are they not offering a re-barrel service anymore? I have a local smith getting a proof barrel procured and set up for my PH2.
Thats a good question, maybe they dont offer a 20" barrel for the PH2? Didnt really think about that. I had asked them if they could cut down the existing barrel on it to a 20" for me instead.

They will re barrel with a barrel of a length they already make, they wont make a custom length barrel for you though.
Interesting. Wonder if they’d put an element length barrel on a PH then? That’s a bummer. Otherwise a guy could buy a ph2 and a spare barrel for $1500 less than anything from the custom shop.

Would still be way less to buy a ph2 and go gunsmith rebarrel than using custom shop.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a PH2 in 300WM and I really like it. I wanted to buy an extra mag, scope rings and a muzzle brake from them but they have been on BO ever since I bought the rifle last Sept. Strange, since they make their own.

Thats a good question, maybe they dont offer a 20" barrel for the PH2? Didnt really think about that. I had asked them if they could cut down the existing barrel on it to a 20" for me instead.
I would think they would rebarrel to a 22" since that's what the element is in... Caliber pending 21" or 22"

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Interesting. Wonder if they’d put an element length barrel on a PH then? That’s a bummer. Otherwise a guy could buy a ph2 and a spare barrel for $1500 less than anything from the custom shop.

Would still be way less to buy a ph2 and go gunsmith rebarrel than using custom shop.
I believe they will do that. I was sort of bummed as well. I want a shorter barrel on my element and I have the shortest (21”) they will do. Other companies can re barrel but it costs a lot more than the 550.00 Seekins charges.