Seeking Crossbow Recommendations/Input

Crusader

WKR
Hey guys,

I'm retiring at the end of this August and one of the "gifts/toys" I'd like to treat myself to is a new crossbow. Several years ago following onset of shoulder problems I was relegated to a crossbow and I bought a low-end Excalibur recurve model. I'd like to get one of the newer, faster, compact compound models on the market. Something by Ravin, Wicked Ridge, Ten Point, and the like. I'm thinking I should buy new, with a warranty and service backup.

I'm kind of setting a $1,500 limit on the purchase as I have a few other toys I'd like to get, as well. I want fast but also reliable; would give up some velocity for a more dependable, reliable model.

So what say you guys, can you throw out some experience-based suggestions for a make and model that is a good value with a track record of less problems than others?

Thanks in advance!

For that price you can get a few different Ten Points that are pretty nice. The Turbo S1 is a pretty good option. It’s not as heavy as other crossbows which is nice. Rated at 380fps. I like the crank system on the ten points also. They don’t unspool if the crank comes out of your hand and they have a decock feature as well.

Back