Seek outside flight line pack

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
More a function of frame height and fit. It’s a pretty stout pack but it’s not a big game huge pack out pack. Some users may find they can do more well, we just haven’t went above 50 or so in testing . We already have packs that do well above that . That being said the framing is still fairly stiff and capable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
More a function of frame height and fit. It’s a pretty stout pack but it’s not a big game huge pack out pack. Some users may find they can do more well, we just haven’t went above 50 or so in testing . We already have packs that do well above that . That being said the framing is still fairly stiff and capable .

Thanks for the info. I have a 28" revo-lanner pack and I am toying with one of these for my wife. (Maybe one for me too, for summer hikes and light-fast scouting trips, etc - and because back packs are a weakness) Mama is a petite gal but she's tougher than she looks. I don't anticipate having to put even 50 lbs on her back but I can't rule out the occasional overload.

tdot

WKR

Too bad the bag is over the top of the frame. It'll be useless in the brush or looking up a slope, for me.

Nice looking little day pack otherwise. But I guess the daypack quest continues.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You can anchor it lower if desired BUT is design is be up and the reason is far better zipper access

syoungs

FNG
The short tail is about the exact bag I am looking for, but I have the same height reservations.
When you say you can anchor it lower, can you get the lid about equal with the load lifters?
How much harder are the zippers to access when its in a lowered position?
Thanks for updating with the new models!

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is mounted higher and lower
efdb5162b4552796dfb9d658af8f3d69.jpg
c0f3daea4470e90b97ffc72e368121b0.jpg

syoungs

FNG
Thank you for the comparison pics!
Gonna pick one of these up later this spring for sure.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recently acquired a Flight pack. Obviously hunting wasn't the priority in the design of this pack, BUT for backpacking it's the cat's a$$ :)

Plenty of volume for a week long trip- 60-ish liters; comes with built in (and very roomy) hip belt pockets; roomy water bottle pockets along with a roomy front pocket. The frame is essentially an external frame (mostly hidden by the bag) so it carries far better than an internal frame pack. I recently went on a trip that saw the pack in the 30 lb range and was impressed on how well it carried. 30 lbs is generally where internal frame packs become noticeably uncomfortable- not so the Flight.

While certainly not as light as some packs, you would be hard pressed to find a pack in the 2 lb range that could carry loads of over 25 lbs more comfortably.

I have a half dozen upcoming trips (including a permit for the Wonderland Trail) so the Flight will see a lot of action this summer :)