Seek outside BT2 for 2 and 2 dogs?

Graves14

WKR
I don't think they've been out all that long but I'm trying to find some picks of people actually in one of these to no avail.

My wife absolute refuses to have out 2 60lb Drahthaars sleep outside so I'm looking for a floorless option that won't cost me $600 for casual "family Camping". This seemed like it might do that and I could use it as a sweet hunting rig.

Anyone have a picture of them in one they could share? Do you think we could all fit in it?

Thanks,
Pat

Ed T

Lil-Rokslider
Pat,
I think you would be better off with a Cimarron, especially if you plan to use a stove.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Pat,
I think you would be better off with a Cimarron, especially if you plan to use a stove.

Definitely the cimmeron or the sawtooth both would fit the bill nicely for your setup.

OP
Graves14

Graves14

WKR
Anyone know the weights for the BT2 and cimarron? I don't see them listed on the website.

Thanks,
Pat

ben h

WKR
A house is too small to have 2 Drahthaars in it; those things are out of control! At least my buddy's is. I have a 6 man tipi and I think it's about right for 2 people and 2 Labradors. In about a month we're going to try 2 people and 4 labs although 2 are 6 months old (we'll see how that goes).

OP
Graves14

Graves14

WKR
Yea they're a handful alright! My 4 year old is just starting to settle down though the puppy (6 months) gets him worked back up lol.

DaveC

WKR
Graves, Montana Marine linked to my review of the BT2. Definitely too small for 2 and 2 dogs. You want something in the LBO/Cimarron/Megalight class at minimum.

My BT2 is 25 ounces seam sealed. My LBO with 3 piece vestibule is 27.

Off topic, but you obviously don't get a BT2 to save weight, you get it because the footprint is smaller, it pitches faster, and is a bit quieter in the wind, etc.

OP
Graves14

Graves14

WKR
Appreciate all the advice guys! I'm going to keep looking around but I think the cimarron may fit the bill. I'd love to take the dogs without worrying about tearing up my tent floor.

Thanks for the help,
Pat

dotman

WKR
I think the Cimmaron meets all your requirements, price limits many other choices.

OP
Graves14

Graves14

WKR
Yea I guess I could keep lugging my 6lb 3 person marmot for the time being and save for a sawtooth or the like. However my camping needs are much lighter than many who hunt out west.

dotman

WKR
Yea I guess I could keep lugging my 6lb 3 person marmot for the time being and save for a sawtooth or the like. However my camping needs are much lighter than many who hunt out west.

Oh don't get me wrong the Cimmaron is badass and it's hard to believe they priced it so low once you check it out. My buddy Brad says it's bigger the the Go-lite SL5.