SecureIt Biometric Gun Safes - Review Upcoming

sndmn11

WKR
I've had an Agile 52 safe from SecureIt since 2018 and have been very happy with it. The concept of it being assemble/disassemble has meant it can go on any floor, an apartment, any room, etc., and the straight line access has meant firearms are all accessible as soon as the door is open.

The one gripe I had though was that the keypad was numerical, not backlit, and I had wondered about speedy access at night. I learned a few weeks ago that a backlit biometric (fingerprint) lock was being phased in, so I got an order in as soon as they were available. Even cooler, those folks, like myself, who have an older Agile 52 or Agile 40, and order just the biometric lock to replace the old version. Naturally, I ordered one of those as well.

Link to all SecureIt biometric safes

Link to the retrofit biometric lock replacement kit *note, this specific kit is the only one available right now, and ONLY FITS THE AGILE 52 AND 40. There is not a retrofit kit for the Answer safes yet.
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 2.11.53 PM.png

I should have my order tomorrow, and aim to have a finalized review here by early summer. I know that the Liberty Safe/FBI thing was a big deal to a lot of folks, other than that (SecureIt does not have or keep "all-access codes", what sort of information and "testing" would you like to see?

Last edited:
OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Showed up today! I ordered the Agile 52 "Pro" so two boxes came. Even though it's an assemble on your own safe, it's still a substantial weight in total.

PXL_20240323_002831173.jpgPXL_20240323_002839539.jpg

Directions for assembly here https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Agile-Manual-BML-RevA1123.pdf

Following. I’ve been looking for a bedside safe for a suppressed pistol. There is really only one option and it’s $500+ single pistol. Something like this might work just as well for by the bed to keep the pistol and maybe a shotgun/AR in.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Following. I’ve been looking for a bedside safe for a suppressed pistol. There is really only one option and it’s $500+ single pistol. Something like this might work just as well for by the bed to keep the pistol and maybe a shotgun/AR in.

Anything that would be helpful?

Anything that would be helpful?
Main interest would be the lock. I like the option of backlit numbers and a fingerprint. How well it works, battery life, speed of access. How easy is it to mount to floor/wall, what did you use to do so? How easy does it go together and is it well made/tight tolerances.

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
Like the look of this, become a whole lot more aware on where my guns are/stored since having little ones and need another safe or two this looks like a good option

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Main interest would be the lock. I like the option of backlit numbers and a fingerprint. How well it works, battery life, speed of access. How easy is it to mount to floor/wall, what did you use to do so? How easy does it go together and is it well made/tight tolerances.

I can cover all that except I don't foresee battery life coming up in the next few months unless there's some untested glitch. Our current Agile with the last version of the keypad lock gets more than a year on a single battery.

MattB

WKR
Please test how the biometric function works if your fingers are wet, sweaty, have grease, etc. I have an older safe and the fingerprint reader is pretty finicky and seems to be getting more so with age. That has me leaning toward a back lock code pad instead.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Please test how the biometric function works if your fingers are wet, sweaty, have grease, etc. I have an older safe and the fingerprint reader is pretty finicky and seems to be getting more so with age. That has me leaning toward a back lock code pad instead.
What is the brand of your older safe?

IW17

FNG
Watching. I've been looking into a few of these safes for a while. I like the option of having a few safes mounted concurrently down a wall instead of one or two huge safes that are placed awkwardly in a corner. Unfortunately it just doesn't work for the layout of my home. Hopefully they offer similar for their answer line, as that's what I'm most interested in.

Did you do a review of your safe in the past? These look so well thought out but don't seem to get talked about much.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Watching. I've been looking into a few of these safes for a while. I like the option of having a few safes mounted concurrently down a wall instead of one or two huge safes that are placed awkwardly in a corner. Unfortunately it just doesn't work for the layout of my home. Hopefully they offer similar for their answer line, as that's what I'm most interested in.

Did you do a review of your safe in the past? These look so well thought out but don't seem to get talked about much.

I don't think any safes have been reviewed here.

The Answer does have biometric now.

The retrofit kit won't fit The Answer though.