Scott Ascent and button combo

I recently bought a used scott Ascent and I'm absolutely enamored with it. I got it adjusted just how I always wanted a hinge to be and it's shooting awesome for me. I shoot a nocktoit for a button and I really like that as well, seems to marry up pretty well with the scott Ascent. I'm looking for a 3 finger button since that's been my only complaint about the nocktoit. With gloves on for hunting I just want a little more purchase on the release.

I have been looking at a carter wise choice, but since I'm in the market I figured I had better look at other options that might fit closely with the Ascent. Seems to me that the Scott Sigma might fit closely, but having never used a button you had to manually close the jaw on- how is that for hunting?

I then stumbled into the scott Apex which seems to be close in size but doesn't require manual closing of the jaw. Again, never having used one and with no place local to handle them I'm wondering if they are close in length to the ascent and if anybody has hunted with either.

Off season tinkering kills my bank account lol

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I used a Sigma & Ascent. POI doesn't change for me. I keep my sigma on the loop when in a treestand.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I have, I use it to shoot indoors sometimes too so I'm pretty used to loading up fairly quickly. No problems.

Just chiming in to follow I have the same set up as the op the scott I love but switch with a nock2 it as well since I'm not super sold on the hinge for treestand hunting

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BowTrout

FNG
I had the Scott sigma and really liked the feel of it and it shot well for me for a while. However after shooting it for a few months the release got stiffer and stiffer. Not sure what was up with that as I had a buddy that had the same problem. I also had a carter too simple and it shot really we and was very crisp. I have a Stan 3 finger button that I hunt with now that I like, I just can’t remember the model.

sear6

FNG
The Tru-Ball Blade has the jaw close when the sear is pressed in. I cannot make a claim about the similarity in shape/feel to your current hinge release.

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
Love the sigma. I like that it isn't as bulky / clunky as some of its competitors. Haven't had the stiffening issue with it as described above. You get used to manually clicking in to nock . The first few shooting sessions you're skeptical but at some point the muscle memory takes over