Scotland/UK Stag Outfitter Reccos??

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a wedding to go to in Scotland next year in October that will keep me from being out west. So I figure I'll just do a stag or roe deer hunt while I'm over there if prices aren't too exorbitant.

If anyone has any recommendations for specific outfitters, tips, or experiences around these hunts please let me know. Would love to do an archery hunt if I could.

Thanks

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
Following - I will be living in the UK next year and a Red Stag hunt is for sure on my list. Although most people say it is "crazy expensive".

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I was there last March for a week, saw several from the road in the area NW of Inverness, lots of timber in that area. They don't really trophy hunt there, hunting in Scotland is for the privileged few as most of the population lives in Glasgow or Edinburgh. I didn't hunt while I was there but wish I had planned to do so, a missed opportunity. There's lots of information online about hunting and prices.

bbell

WKR
Get on The Stalking Directory forum. Super helpful and there are guys that do hunts for a more reasonable price than a lot of the estates that pop up on a google search.

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a wedding to go to in Scotland next year in October that will keep me from being out west. So I figure I'll just do a stag or roe deer hunt while I'm over there if prices aren't too exorbitant.

If anyone has any recommendations for specific outfitters, tips, or experiences around these hunts please let me know. Would love to do an archery hunt if I could.

Thanks
Sadly - Bow hunting is not legal in Scotland. Stag season ends on October 20th so be aware of this.