Scope rings for Ruger Hawkeye

dietridg

FNG
I recently picked up a Ruger Hawkeye standard in .270 for a good price. It came with the 1 inch rings. Was looking at Trijicon Huron, was wondering if I should get standard Ruger 30mm rings or is there a good alternative for reasonable money?

Warne's......

IMG_1065.jpegg

IMG_2484_zps4ypmldyx.jpg

Or D&T a rail on 'er, and use the rings of choice...
IMG_2442.JPG

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
I've found the OEM rings to be quite good, there's several different heights in either 1" or 30mm. Leupold makes some too. I have never tried the Warne example, but they look pretty stout!

Not to hijack the thread but when it comes to Ruger rings on the M77, are they supposed to be a different height for front and back? I ordered a pair of 30mm Medium rings for my M77 Guide Gun and the front sight appears a couple mm higher than the rear.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
Not to hijack the thread but when it comes to Ruger rings on the M77, are they supposed to be a different height for front and back? I ordered a pair of 30mm Medium rings for my M77 Guide Gun and the front sight appears a couple mm higher than the rear.
Yes the front and rear rings on M77 MKII and Hawkeyes are different heights.

WKR
Warne's......

IMG_1065.jpegg

IMG_2484_zps4ypmldyx.jpg

Or D&T a rail on 'er, and use the rings of choice...
IMG_2442.JPG
You must have had a better experience with warne than I did. Mine would not tighten onto the receiver. I would advise against the vertical split rings.

I ended up having the receiver drilled and tapped for an EGW rail and am really happy with that decision.