Scope Recommendation - Practice Focused

Hey all. I purchased two Maven RS1.2 scopes in mils after everyone has given glowing reviews of it. One sits on my hunting rifle which is a 7prc and the other one is new in the package. I did a little swapping with a guy and got a Tikka Veil Woodland in 6.5cm that i put in a KRG Bravo chassis. My intent of that rifle is to have something to shoot long range with long barrel life. It can also be a backup hunting rifle, but that's not necessarily the primary use. Although I think the NRL hunter competitions are cool, I would realistically never take the time to do one. I can just shoot steel at random distances in the hills on my own for free.

Am I overthinking this whole thing and I should just put the other Maven RS1.2 on it? I do think the reticle is thick at max power, but is that any sort of a disadvantage? Should I get something with more information in the reticle and maybe finer wind holds? Any other scope you would recommend?

Thanks!

Joey

Hey all. I purchased two Maven RS1.2 scopes in mils after everyone has given glowing reviews of it. One sits on my hunting rifle which is a 7prc and the other one is new in the package. I did a little swapping with a guy and got a Tikka Veil Woodland in 6.5cm that i put in a KRG Bravo chassis. My intent of that rifle is to have something to shoot long range with long barrel life. It can also be a backup hunting rifle, but that's not necessarily the primary use. Although I think the NRL hunter competitions are cool, I would realistically never take the time to do one. I can just shoot steel at random distances in the hills on my own for free.

Am I overthinking this whole thing and I should just put the other Maven RS1.2 on it? I do think the reticle is thick at max power, but is that any sort of a disadvantage? Should I get something with more information in the reticle and maybe finer wind holds? Any other scope you would recommend?

Thanks!

Joey
Did you have to wait for your Maven? Couldn't decide on moa or mils

I shoot the Leupold on my Seekins at NRL events as do the majority of the competitors. I also bought two of the 1.2 mil scopes for my hunting rifles as I move to mills. I am moving to mils since that is the lingo used at these events otherwise MOA has always served me well. I am certainly no expert but I would say run what you have until you have a reason not to. I like the thicker lines for hunting on the Maven. The Leupold reticle is fantastic and much better for quick follow up shots in a competitive environment on the clock. The reason for this is because you can see where a miss shows up on the tree and you just move that point to the target and reengage. There is no need to recalculate or dial anything. Hope that helps.

NRL events are super fun and definitely made me a better shooter both at events and in the field. I still suck but just not as much. If you are not a competitive person the skills division is stupid fun and teaches you quite a bit.