Scope Mounts for Kimber Mountain Ascent

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The talleys are lighterbut their durability is questionable. I ended up taking a small weight penalty for piece of mind and used warne bases and warne mountain tech 1” rings to mount my 3-9 accupoint.

It’s a much better setup than the talley/leupold combo it had before.

Last edited:

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
I've had at least 30 pairs of Talley's, including over 15 on various Kimber's. If you lightly lap them and use a torque wrench you'll not have a problem.

Wrongside

WKR
We put one piece 30mm Leupold Backcountry’s on my son’s 308 84M. They’re 7075 alloy and seem to be better machined than Talley LWs. The design aesthetics could be better, IE; square edges overhanging the loading port. But it’s minor, as long as they’re solid. Time will tell.

Personally, I won't use Talley LWs any more.

Last edited:

RepeatPete

Lil-Rokslider
We put one piece 30mm Leupold Backcountry’s on my son’s 308 84M. They’re 7075 alloy and seem to be better machined than Talley LWs. The design esthetics could be better, IE; square edges overhanging the loading port. But it’s minor, as long as they’re solid. Time will tell.

Personally, I won't use Talley LWs any more.
Can you get a picture? I’ve read that the backcountry’s overhang the Kimber action in quite a few reviews, all highly negative reviews. I fine with aesthetics being off, but wasn’t sure how much they overhang.

Wrongside

WKR
Can you get a picture? I’ve read that the backcountry’s overhang the Kimber action in quite a few reviews, all highly negative reviews. I fine with aesthetics being off, but wasn’t sure how much they overhang.
Yessir. My son is up north working right now. But I’ll get you a picture when he gets back.

I was surprised they hadn’t put more thought into the aesthetics for their Kimber rings. They aren’t cheap rings, for cheap rifles.

IMG_1283.jpeg

I’m not overly happy with them. Between the mount and the turret I’m not getting reliable ejection.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The lwupolds overhung the action on a m70 I put them on, I returned them.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This is how mine is set up, it’s a Montana 308, the scope is a trijicon accupoint 3-9. Mounting hardware is the warne maxima bases and mountain tech rings.

Attachments

• IMG_7375.jpeg
    IMG_7375.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 8