Scope Mount for 1” Tube

dks07

FNG
Why do the higher quality scope mounts only come in 30mm and 34mm? Does anyone have a recommendation on a solid mount that will fit a 1” diameter tube?

OP
D

dks07

FNG
I'm looking for a one piece scope mount, not just a set of rings. The best two options I've found so far are:

There just seem to be far fewer options available than 30/34mm. For example, Badger, Reptilia, Geissele, Unity, Larue, Scalarworks, etc do not offer their mounts in 1".

Fire power

Lil-Rokslider
I have Burris XTR Signature Rings on both of my F-class rifles , 30mm scopes . Have not had a single issue with them moving in three years.

OP
D

dks07

FNG
This is for an AR which is why I'm looking for a one piece mount, not rings

Check out LaRue Tactical. I’ve had a set on my AR for 15 years now. They are 1” and QD that do return to zero.

I'm looking for a one piece scope mount, not just a set of rings. The best two options I've found so far are:

There just seem to be far fewer options available than 30/34mm. For example, Badger, Reptilia, Geissele, Unity, Larue, Scalarworks, etc do not offer their mounts in 1".
What do you need your mounts to do that one of those two options won't do for you?

OP
D

dks07

FNG
What do you need your mounts to do that one of those two options won't do for you?
I do not like how the DD mounts, I found this pic of the underside of it.

148B3528-6D05-402E-ABEC-8BDC2C03154D_jpe-1609958.jpg

So I purchased the Wilson Combat mount. The machining was so poor on the scope ring screws that I could hardly get them off. I wouldn't even be able to torque them to spec because they are so tight it takes more force to screw them in/out than the torque spec. So I'm still looking for a quality, one piece mount for a 1" tube. Ideally, not overly heavy but still solid and streamlined, don't need QD.

jimh406

WKR
So I'm still looking for a quality, one piece mount for a 1" tube. Ideally, not overly heavy but still solid and streamlined, don't need QD.

Did you look at the Aero Precision mounts? Fwiw, they are USA manufacturer in Tacoma, WA.

OP
D

dks07

FNG
Did you look at the Aero Precision mounts? Fwiw, they are USA manufacturer in Tacoma, WA.
I actually already own an Aero Precision mount and looking to replace it.

I don't like that the DD mount is 6061 and doesn't have any recoil lugs machined into it. At this point, I'm leaning towards one of these options. Both are about half the cost of the DD, still made in the USA, but 7075 and have recoil lugs: