Scope leveling tools/kits

What's everyone's favorite levels/kits.

I let a buddy borrow my old ones, he's out of state for a few weeks and it's time to upgrade to something a little better. Was using the old wheeler levels but they are old and I'm sure something else is better now days.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

SDHNTR

WKR
I use the Wheeler barrel mounted level first so I can then move the rifle around and come back to that as a reference, and then the Defensive Edge kit of levels to set the scope. Then I shine light backwards through scope against a plumb bob on the wall to verify.

slowelk

WKR
I use the Wheeler barrel mounted level first so I can then move the rifle around and come back to that as a reference, and then the Defensive Edge kit of levels to set the scope. Then I shine light backwards through scope against a plumb bob on the wall to verify.
I use the same equipment as you, but the flashlight through the objective end to a plum-bob is a great idea!

Do you always level scope to rifle,reason i ask is when i shoulder my t1x the scope is canted to the left,obviously it’s because how its shoulding.
Is it better practice to rotate to level with plumb bob after shouldering with that and rifle level being different or level scope to rifle and just manually/mentally rotate rifle after shouldering to get level?
Make sense

This will be really hard for me to explain in writing. Maybe you can do some you tube.

Level the scope to the rifle.
Basically it wouldn't matter if you always shoot at the exact distance that you have your zero set.

But for any other distance your bullet will be flying in an arc.
So if you have let's say a 100 yard zero, are shooting at 50 yards canted to the left your bullet would hit high and left because it would be flying in an arc at an angle.

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
This is the best if you have a rail with enough space.

If not I just use multiple levels and/or plumb bob

Wheeler professional here. I trust it.

Everyone always says "This scope isnt level" when they pick up their gun after I torque down their bases and level their scope and tighten their rings.....
To which I reply, "you've been crooked your entire life....." lol

Choupique

WKR
I borrow a Starrett 98 level from work when I have a scope to mount. Level the rifle, then level the scope. Hard part for me is keeping the rifle level after I've leveled it, there's usually no good way to check the rifles level after the scope is on. What kind of vise do yall use?

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
This is the best if you have a rail with enough space.

If not I just use multiple levels and/or plumb bob
That's what I use and then throw a long level on the turret top to set that scope's add on level.

reticle-tru is all you need....

IMG_2484.JPG