Scope lens covers

I like scopecoat style covers. I've never had luck with the flip up ones. The neoprene covers protect the scope and keep it clean plus my turrets dont get turned either

I don't like scope Len covers I use solo hunter rifle cover just love it convient

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried tape a few weeks ago and it kept falling off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a science surplus place near me where I pick up finger condoms. They work great for keeping snow out of the end of the barrel. I prefer them to tape.

i tried the new Vortex covers and they are pretty beefy/durable. The bad thing is they are also difficult to open (as has already been mentioned) and they are extremely loud when opening/closing. The noise may not be a problem for a long range hunter but is a show stopper for me.

I've had an older set of Butler Creeks on a VarX-III for years that are still going strong. I purchased a new set for a new Meopro scope and ocular cover doesn't work well at all with the fast focus eye piece. The covers gets hung on stuff while carrying and holding the rifle in the stand and turns the focus ring. That wasn't a problem on the Leupold because it doesn't have the fast focus eye piece. I'm going to have to figure out something else.

I've tried a votex defender on the ocular end of a scope, seemed to be a tight fit but still disappeared somewhere in the process of a hunt. Not very impressed.

I have the Leupold alumina cap on the objective lens of a VX6, not real satisfied with it. It clacks against the scope a bit when open and doesn't stay closed very well when walking through rugged/thick country.

The nicest I have used are the AAdmount caps. They are on Khales on a 15 lb Desert Tech long range rig so haven't gotten the full workout bushwacking like the others but I would bet they do much better.

OP
PantherCity
Thanks for all the posts on this guys. Since I started this thread my wife delivered our first child, (baby girl) so I haven't been on since. Lots of good input. I'll probaby just roll with the neoprene cover that came with my VX6 2-12. Was just wanting to start a discussion about what else is out there and see if there were options I wasn't aware of.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Thanks for all the posts on this guys. Since I started this thread my wife delivered our first child, (baby girl) so I haven't been on since. Lots of good input. I'll probaby just roll with the neoprene cover that came with my VX6 2-12. Was just wanting to start a discussion about what else is out there and see if there were options I wasn't aware of.

This is what I have used the last 2 years on my VX-6 as well as the last 5 years on every other hunting rifle I have.

Amazon.com : ScopeGuard Alaska Neoprene Scope Covers : Sports & Outdoors

$18 shipped and its a way better cover than what comes with the VX-6.

Congrats on the baby girl BTW!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Luke, using what?

Opps sorry I spaced the link Jeff. After breaking several Butler Creek and having them pop open often being strapped to my pack I have up on them and when to these. I have some Vortrex flip ups to put on my larger scope on my 338 WM (Vortex 4-16X44 HS LR) so we'll see how I like them but I can't see getting away from the Scope Shields of Alaska covers for my backpacking lightweight rifles.
Amazon.com : ScopeGuard Alaska Neoprene Scope Covers : Sports & Outdoors

Gotta love Amazon free shipping and quick check out ;)