scope for a newbie to long range shooting

lubbockdave

Lil-Rokslider
looking to get me and the kiddo into long range shooting--local range goes out to 600 yards. Not looking to break the bank but need something to simplify the learning curve-got a heavy barrel Howa 22-250 and a CZ 22lr to start out with. Might alos look to ring out a lighter weight fieldcraft 6.5 creedmore if things go well with the other two.

just wondering what scope suggestions you might have-$500 or less ideally-maybe a little more is the budget.

BLJ

WKR
Vortex Venom, Arken SH4, and if you push the budget a little bit more an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24. IMO

Lawnboi

WKR
Swfa, 10x as above is a great scope that will function and alleviate frustration that many of the Chinese made dialing scopes can cause.

It also has a simple reticle that’s easy to understand.

ChrisAU

WKR
Bushnell Match Pro is about $340 if you have OnX Elite and it would be perfect on the 22LR and or 22-250.

I’ve seen 3 vortex not hold their zero when dialing… like the Binos, scared of the scopes….

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Been really impressed with my Burris RT25. They have really nice glass for the price range and mine seems to track very well! I shot it this weekend in a match and it did not hold me back at all! I am used to my NF Atacr so I did notice the Field of view was pretty small and the reticle is not quite as crisp but that is expected at that price range imo! I would buy another if that was my budget!

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Today is the last day of our Athlon Flash Sale so your timing is great. As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments

ID_Matt

WKR
Arken SH4 is on a good sale right now. I am happy with mine for a cheaper scope so far. Euro optic has good deals on a vortex strike eagle from time to time as well.