Scope Evaluation passed models?

Macintosh

WKR
Being blunt is appreciated. I did read most. I didn’t see one FFP and there was one 10x that was ~9oz. Point was the durability and features many want come at the cost of weight. Given the brutality of these tests it’s not surprising. A list of “passed” with weight would be helpful for quick reference.

These field tests are suited for the guy that is pack hunting/traversing ground where falls are more likely and common. Where the equipment is used, abused and not pulled out of a case just prior to shooting. Those pack hunting care more about each ounce.

These tests are a great resource albeit not perfect. An optic manufacturer (one that passed every test) should be proud to organize the data in a spreadsheet. Would probably boost sales. Had I found this resource (all the tests) earlier I probably would have ended up with a different optic and saved 10-18oz.
Also, the test was also supposed to correlate to scopes that inexplicably had problems “at some point”, ie the quick test falls are (supposedly) predictive of eventual long-term failure in normal use, even without falls. That part is a bit more tenuous to illustrate and hasnt been “shown” per se, but as I recall thats how the eval is described. There are some models where that seems to bear out in my experience, and a few where it doesnt. But I dont have the visibility some do, so wont hurt to take my exp. with a grain of salt.

Dobermann

WKR
Not sure if this thread will get back on track, but if it does ... the Minoz ZP5 with THLR reticle is on the list - full eval in the subforum.