Scope caps for my maven?

coast range

Lil-Rokslider
What should I order? Covers are “cool” but not my thing. All I have ever owned are butler creek. But not impressed

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
The ones that come in the bundle are pretty nice. Aadmount I believe, a little pricey though.

Jfujan

FNG
I'm also curious, what have others used besides the Aadmount for an Rs1.2?

Last edited:
I have the Aadmount on my first RS1.2. Not a huge fan of how stiff they are.

Ordered the Tenebraex per @ChrisAU 's part numbers to try on my second RS1.2. Supposedly shipped on 9/6 but don't have a tracking number, trying to be patient but eager to see if I like them better.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have the Aadmount on my first RS1.2. Not a huge fan of how stiff they are.

Ordered the Tenebraex per @ChrisAU 's part numbers to try on my second RS1.2. Supposedly shipped on 9/6 but don't have a tracking number, trying to be patient but eager to see if I like them better.
They loosen up.

They are the only caps Iv ever used that have been truly water tight.

They are so water tight that you need to be careful when going from warm to cold and vice versa.

@SteveAndTheCrigBoys did you ever get those Tenebraex covers in? What's your opinion vs the Aadmount?
The Tenebraex clip in and out easier/quieter and are smaller profile but flimsier plastic. I prefer the way the objective screws in with Tenebraex. Like the push latch on the Aadmount ocular. The Aadmount springs are stronger so you have to open them carefully to keep them from "clanging". With UM Tikka lows and the RS1.2 the Aadmount barely clear the barrel. A little more room there on the Tenebraex, but since they both clear it's a non-issue with my setups. If the scope was seated further back they might contact. The Aadmount objective has popped open on me from sling carrying with a pack.

I'm gonna keep both for now and see which I prefer over time. I'd give a slight edge to the Tenebraex right now.

They loosen up.

They are the only caps Iv ever used that have been truly water tight.

They are so water tight that you need to be careful when going from warm to cold and vice versa.
Yeah personally I see the stiffness (which does loosen a bit but remains harder to open than other caps) as a good thing. I don't want them coming open for any reason other than me opening them. I use Aadland caps for all of my scopes.

Lawnboi

WKR
Yeah personally I see the stiffness (which does loosen a bit but remains harder to open than other caps) as a good thing. I don't want them coming open for any reason other than me opening them. I use Aadland caps for all of my scopes.
Same. I have tenebrex that I got with all my nightforce scopes that go unused.

Biggest upside of the aadland is that they sit flat on the scope when open. I use my cap/turret to line up on target like an open site prior to getting in the scope. With the others I’m looking at a cap sticking up