Schnees Timberlines

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to give a big Shout out to Schnees in Bozeman, MT. I've been using their Granite boots as a late season boot and a pair of their Pack boots for the past 5-6 years when the mercury drops for years now and absolutely love them. I'll admit I've tried Kenetreks but they don't work with my feet and I've been using Crispi Guides for my archery/early rifle boots for a few years now with great results. That being Said, I was due for a pair of non insulated boots for everyday/work/after work hikes with the dog and horn hunts. My brother has been using the Schnees Timberlines and praises them so I figured I'd give them a try. I picked up a pair earlier today and walked out wearing them. Like the other Schnees boots I own they feel like slippers on my feet right out of the box. Matt and Brandon at Schnees were nothing short of top notch to work with and I'd highly recommend anybody in the market for some new footwear giving Schnees a try. Customer service is amazing and the folks in the store are friendly and genuinely want to help you. I'm glad to support a local company that produces a product second to none. I'll do a more in-depth review on the Timberlines as I get some miles in them but so far I am very pleased with my purchase.

Last edited:

Birddog1

FNG
I ordered a pair Friday when they had the 15% off sale. They should be here Thursday, I’m looking forward to trying them.

xcutter

WKR
The Timberline is currently my favorite boot. Very comfortable and waterproof.

Schnee's customer service is excellent. Had trouble with my first pair of Timberline's with an eyelet pulling out. They replaced the boots. Haven't had anymore trouble.

Birddog1

FNG
I got my Timberlines yesterday, currently wearing them around the house to check the fit. I’m comparing them against a par of Lowa Tibets and I’ll only be keeping one pair. Both are sI’ve 13 Medium. I really like the Lowa X lacing for a good fit, the Timberlines are very comfy as well and the stock insole isn’t bad. I think the Tibets have more volume and I can use my Sheepfeet insoles with no issues. Putting them in the Timberlines is possible but they snug up quite a bit. Timberlines feel lighter in spite of being a taller. Both are great boots and its going to be a tough decision.

I got my Timberlines yesterday, currently wearing them around the house to check the fit. I’m comparing them against a par of Lowa Tibets and I’ll only be keeping one pair. Both are sI’ve 13 Medium. I really like the Lowa X lacing for a good fit, the Timberlines are very comfy as well and the stock insole isn’t bad. I think the Tibets have more volume and I can use my Sheepfeet insoles with no issues. Putting them in the Timberlines is possible but they snug up quite a bit. Timberlines feel lighter in spite of being a taller. Both are great boots and its going to be a tough decision.
I’ll be curious. I like lowas Tibets. But have heard great things about the timberlines

Birddog1

FNG
I’ll be curious. I like lowas Tibets. But have heard great things about the timberlines
I’m sending the timberlines back. I also tried the Kestrel in both medium and regular widths and sending those back as well. The size 13 had some heel slip in the Timberline but right foot only. It seems long, I bought lathrop and sons insoles for sz 13 and the insoles were too short compared to the stock insoles. I have also tried Lowa Baldo - too long; Lowa Camino wide (read they were narrow), Hannah Alaska - tight toe box. Both returned. So far the Tibet’s fit the best but probably too much boot for my need.

I’m sending the timberlines back. I also tried the Kestrel in both medium and regular widths and sending those back as well. The size 13 had some heel slip in the Timberline but right foot only. It seems long, I bought lathrop and sons insoles for sz 13 and the insoles were too short compared to the stock insoles. I have also tried Lowa Baldo - too long; Lowa Camino wide (read they were narrow), Hannah Alaska - tight toe box. Both returned. So far the Tibet’s fit the best but probably too much boot for my need.
Gotcha. Thanks for the update. Hard to beat the river for my feet

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the Timberlines for around 2 years I believe, and like you mentioned they fit like a slipper right out of the box. They have lasted and I have had no problems with them while hunting or going through creeks.

Birddog1

FNG
Gotcha. Thanks for the update. Hard to beat the river for my feet
I ordered a pair of Schnees Divid Mid on Monday And paid for overnight shipping. These boots are great for me. Roomier toe box and better overall fit. I wore them around the house today and they seem to be a keeper.