Scent Control for Furniture

So curious if any of y'all have tried this with success. I recently bought a used sectional couch on FB marketplace. I love the thing but my wife is pregnant and has the nose of a whitetail right now and she thinks it has some kind of smell to it. I got to thinking maybe some dead down wind or similar product might take care of it. Any ever try this?

grfox92

WKR
So curious if any of y'all have tried this with success. I recently bought a used sectional couch on FB marketplace. I love the thing but my wife is pregnant and has the nose of a whitetail right now and she thinks it has some kind of smell to it. I got to thinking maybe some dead down wind or similar product might take care of it. Any ever try this?
There would be nothing better then a day in the direct sun. If the weather is clear and you have a spot outside your could park it I would try that first. One of the most overlooked methods of getting rid of odors.

We recently got a dresser for my daughter same scenario with the smell. came from an older lady, stunk like mothballs and old lady perfume. My wife took all the drawers out and laid them out in the sun for one day, sprayed vinegar diluted with water into the drawers and just let it cook off in the sun and that 100-year-old dresser smells like brand new.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
ShortMountain91
There would be nothing better then a day in the direct sun. If the weather is clear and you have a spot outside your could park it I would try that first. One of the most overlooked methods of getting rid of odors.

We recently got a dresser for my daughter same scenario with the smell. came from an older lady, stunk like mothballs and old lady perfume. My wife took all the drawers out and laid them out in the sun for one day, sprayed vinegar diluted with water into the drawers and just let it cook off in the sun and that 100-year-old dresser smells like brand new.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
That sounds like a good idea if the dang thing wasn't a 300 lb 12 ft sectional. It was hell to move and I don't really want to move it again haha