Scarpa Zodiak Plus Gtx VS Salomon Quest 4d 3gtx

sgknut

FNG
any one have real world experience with these two boots? i had an original pair of of the salomon but they are worn out. looking for a lightweight hiking boot. i own trail runners and heavier mountaineering boots. looking for something in between. thanks

I have the Salomons and really like them as they're light and probably the most comfortable hiking boot I've worn. No break-in required. The only gripe I have is that after the first season with them (about 150 mi.) They lost their waterproofness if that's a word. I tried retreating them with Nikwax and thought I had em set. They looked new again. But nope, they're sivs now. Great for dry hiking, but won't use em elk hunting again.

I wore the Scarpa Zodiac Plus boots this fall and so far so good. Nice balance of being light weight, moderately stiff and so far the waterproofing has held up. Salomons don't fit my feet so I cannot compare to that boot. A similar boot to these two that I've tried is the La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX which is a very comfortable boot for my foot but waterproofing did not hold up very long.

I have the Salomons and love them. Probably the most comfortable out of the box hiking boot I’ve ever had. Zero break in time.

Back