WTB Scammer alert

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I almost got scammed for the first time with an online purchase. I posted an "I'll take it" on a WTS ad, and sent the seller a PM.

I received an email a couple hours later stating the person was the seller, and sending me the paypal link to pay. I was tired and didn't think anything of it (I'd not given my email to the actual seller, so he couldn't have known what it was). The fake sellers email didn't match the paypal email which gave me cause for concern, and the real seller PM'd me soon enough that I figured out what happened..

My email is my username, and I assume the scammer took an educated guess (or shot in the dark) and reached out to me. Heads up for anyone else in that situation.

The name given by the scammer was Travis Flynn, email he sent from was "[email protected]" which I find ironic considering the topic. The username attached to that email is Timber Homes. The PayPal email he gave me was [email protected]. The mismatch in emails is what gave me pause to begin with.

Just a heads up for folks. Hope this helps someone.

wyosteve

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
A lot of the same going on at LRH as well. Might be best to pm and not post public “I’ll take it” or “pm sent” any longer.