Scam????

OP
W

willicd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly don't disagree with you about PayPal, but how else would you protect yourself? Also, how do I get in touch with the administrators?

OP
W

willicd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to send Ryan avery a message but the visitor message function wasn't available to me in his information....

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I tried to send Ryan avery a message but the visitor message function wasn't available to me in his information....

Hey Will sorry about your luck on this deal. I know how it feels been there done that and I think we all have. So dont use visitor message. You need to send him a Private Message. You can click on Ryan's name in this post and select Private message.

As others have already said as much as I hate using PayPal its a necessary evil in todays day and age. As a long time member and someone who has bought and sold literally 50k worth of gear you will only do this once. PayPal goods and services protects you when things dont happen the way they should so its well worth the time and effort to setup a paypal account. Also good to look at how active a member is and how long they have been on the forum. Pretty much everyone on this forum will do you right but its the new comers that are going to be the ones you want to do your homework on. Good luck man hit me up anytime you want advice on buying gear.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ONLY buy from customers on here with at least a 6 months time on here with good “real time” pics of the item etc.
I’ve bought at least $25K worth of goods from this site with those simple prerequisites before I buy. Never have I had a problem and never have I used PayPal. If a seller will only deal with me using PayPal I simply won’t buy. And same with me selling goods.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can use your credit card to put money into your Paypal account and then send the funds using “goods and services” option. If scammed, file a dispute with both your credit card company and with Paypal.

On big purchases, eg. > $5,000, I would call and hire a local professional near the seller such as a CPA, attorney, or FFL to send your funds and then receive the money and the goods. You will have to pay the professional/third-party intermediary a fee and extra shipping fees but you will greatly reduce your risk of loss. Good luck.

Murdy

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the problem with PayPal simply that they do not facilitate gun sales? Or is there something else to this? Do they actively support, channel money to, etc. anti 2nd Amendment groups or do something else beyond not facilitating gun transactions?

Last edited:

Murdy

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use PayPal all the time, I thought this was reasonable question. Paypal makes money off these transactions. If they are using the money they make to fund anti- Second Amendment Activities, it's relevant to many of our decision on whether to use it.

If Dick's doesn't want to sell AR's, that's their business as a private company. If they take the money they make off me and give some of it to HSUS, I'd stop shopping there. Same thing with Paypal (though admittedly, there are less good alternatives to Paypal right now than there are to any given box store).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gobbler36

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I bit on this guys post for the Tikka and as soon as he requested money order and had terrible grammar in the text we exchanged I was out, I’ve only done one transaction ever online using a money order for an item and the only reason it worked is he allowed me to receive the item before I sent payment.

OP
W

willicd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I contacted an old cop buddy of mine from back in the day and also have a call into the indianapolis PD. We will see what happens....

Azdbllung

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Well, I contacted an old cop buddy of mine from back in the day and also have a call into the indianapolis PD. We will see what happens....

I hope something happens. They might be able to pull cameras and such to track this guy down.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
ONLY buy from customers on here with at least a 6 months time on here with good “real time” pics of the item etc.
I’ve bought at least $25K worth of goods from this site with those simple prerequisites before I buy. Never have I had a problem and never have I used PayPal. If a seller will only deal with me using PayPal I simply won’t buy. And same with me selling goods.

Dude seriously? $25K, as in 3 zeros? Can I come see your man cave and gear supply storage.?

Wrench

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm newish here, but have done a ton of deals on 24hrcampfire. I always try to talk on the phone with the biyer/seller if I'm on a larger transaction.

It does a good job of "feeling out" the other guy and gives me at least a phone number to work with. I've never been burned so far....