Scale

Ray

WKR
Digital kitchen scale from Costco. Goes up to 15 pounds. Then over that I have a hanging luggage scale to weight the filled pack.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use this for small stuff. It goes to 12lbs I think
3e3ehame.jpg

Then I have a hanging fish scale for anything bigger bit I rarely use it.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Combo of postage and luggage scales for us too. The postage scale mostly gets used at home when we want to know the weight of a specific item or piece of gear, I believe ours goes up to 12 pounds.

We use this luggage scale: http://www.amazon.com/Balanzza-Digi...r_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1393176385&sr=1-7

Great for weighing loaded packs, as well as game or dry bags. On walk in trips it usually stays at the truck to weigh things when we get back with loaded packs. On fly out hunts we take it along and leave it at base camp. Nice to know the weights of both loaded packs and individual smaller bags for loading the plane. Occasionally use it to fly commercial as well to stay under the 50 or 100lb limits.

pacific-23

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought a "postage" scale off amazon I think it was $30 or so, goes up to 75 pounds. Scale is graduated, .5 oz increments up to 2 pounds and then 1 oz after that if I remember correctly. I bought it mostly for making sausage etc, but it is sensitive enought to portion meals and obsess over ozs on little stuff.

Ray

WKR
About how much do those run if you don't mind me asking?

Mine was $16 on sale last year. IIRC the original price was $26 or $28. There similar digital kitchen scales for $20 or less.

I actually do use mine in the kitchen when I am building my dehydrator meal menus. Much more accurate calorie counts and unit divisions per bag.

charvey9

WKR
I have a 5lb postal scale for the small stuff.

For other stuff, and things that are easier to hang, I use an OMP bow scale that measured to the hundrenth of a pound.

Shrek

WKR
Digital kitchen scale I bought from Walmart for $16? . Weighs down to 1/20th ounce and 11lbs total. I don't want to weigh the pack. If it's in the pack it's there for a reason so the total weight is just a number to obsess about that is meaningless. I want to evaluate the parts in comparison but the whole is what it is. Obviously I'm not flying in . Those who are up against hard limits are playing a whole different game.

Hardstalk

WKR
I scored mine. An accuteck that goes to 86lbs from superpawn. Check out pawn shops. I checked to see if it worked while I was there.

I purchased this on eBay about a month or so ago for $19.50 and that included shipping to Alaska. It goes up to 55 pounds in half gram increments also measures in kilograms and ounces, and runs on two AA batteries. It came from the store out of New Jersey and they had many in stock.
amapy3u5.jpg

gy8ezujy.jpg

16Bore

WKR
Postal scale works for small stuff, cheap digital Rapala 50# fish scale for the full pack.