Savage 110 scope combo tq values

A hs friend who isn’t really a hunter won a savage 110 243 rifle scope combo from a raffle. It’s his first rifle and it going to help him get it sighted in and scope mounted to fit him.

I’ve never had single screw scope caps like the cheap ones they use. Anyone know torque values one should use? Base torque values might be helpful too.

SloppyJ

WKR
I played with a cheap black friday axis. I degreased everything and went to 20in/lb on the rings it came with. I shortly ran it and killed a couple deer with it before completely disassembling, bedding the 2pc pic "rails", adding a boyds, and swapping the barrel.

Limited info but might help? Are these the vertically split rings? I hate those.

KenLee

WKR
A hs friend who isn’t really a hunter won a savage 110 243 rifle scope combo from a raffle. It’s his first rifle and it going to help him get it sighted in and scope mounted to fit him.

I’ve never had single screw scope caps like the cheap ones they use. Anyone know torque values one should use? Base torque values might be helpful too.
I've used 30/20 on the 110s I've set up in last few years.

OP
wind gypsy
Don’t remember what I used on this rifle something close to what you guys recommended. After shooting it I’ll say I would not trust that setup. With the scope/ring setup I couldn’t get the scope within an inch of ideal mounting position for me. I thought I was joe avg, 5’10 normal stuff but I must have a short neck because I always want scope back further than most it seems.

Anyways, rifle shot all over the map for about 10 shots and didn’t adjust like I’d expect but then it started to settle down and put things into 2-3 MOA. Woof.