Sanity Check - Reloading Process

I can't put a specific timeframe on it, however I see bullet weld with Barnes even after a couple months, I check to see if it's happening. Pressures climb dramatically, obviously.

I lube case necks before sizing with graphite powder, as well and still experience it. A trick I read was to seat them long, and before going to the range or hunting seat them to the desired OAL. This way I load more rounds at one time and I have a supply on hand. Only takes a few minutes to do it. YMMV.

OP
T
I can't put a specific timeframe on it, however I see bullet weld with Barnes even after a couple months, I check to see if it's happening. Pressures climb dramatically, obviously.

I lube case necks before sizing with graphite powder, as well and still experience it. A trick I read was to seat them long, and before going to the range or hunting seat them to the desired OAL. This way I load more rounds at one time and I have a supply on hand. Only takes a few minutes to do it. YMMV.

Wonder how factory ammo gets around this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder how factory ammo gets around this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have thought of that as well myself. Typically I use once fired brass for hunting reloads, so could be carbon/powder residue in the case neck contributes as has been mentioned before, but would like a hard and fast explanation for my curiosity.