Sandals, what are you wearing?

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
Birkenstock Arizona EVA. Sizing is comically wrong. I wear a 47 in everything, but a 44 in them. Very light, pack them in as camp shoes.

Hschweers

Lil-Rokslider
Olukai flip flops. I grew up in south Florida and always hated flip flops too. Rainbows take too long to break in and break down more when wet. Olukais are now the only thing I wear in the summer. All leather, and comfy from the day you buy them.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
I ordered a pair of Chacos. I'm sure it's just a lack of using them, but I cannot stand that bit of strap between my toes.

eamyrick

WKR
I wear old school Tevas. In size 14 they are 15.7 ounces. I use them on trips instead of crocs. Did a 7 day float in Alaska and they saved my ass when my pinky toe swelled up and didn’t want to fit in my wading boots. They are more low profile than crocs for strapping to the outside of my pack also.

yfarm

WKR
I live on the coast in a warm climate and live in flip flops. Used to wear reefs, soles would delaminate in 2-3 months of daily wear. Switched to teva pajaro, same thing happened in 6 months, sent in and received a new pair which delaminated again, repaired those with S 600 polyurethane which seems to solve the problem. Now the tevas will last 1 1/2-2 years before the leather straps rot where go into the footbed, long before the soles wear out. Always keep a new pair on hand but the new ones take a while to break in with daily dunkings. Kanes also work pretty well and far more stable than crocs and soles wear better, Crocs with worn tread are like being on ice when on wet boat decks. Like the Kanes because dry very fast, just wish the sole material and siping wore better.

Last edited:
I ordered a pair of Chacos. I'm sure it's just a lack of using them, but I cannot stand that bit of strap between my toes.
The Z1 chacos don't have a strap between the toes. Been wearing those for a decade or so. Main bummer is the straps don't dry out very quickly after getting wet.

Recently got crocs again and they're much lighter so they're my backpacking camp shoes and fishing shoes.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
The Z1 chacos don't have a strap between the toes. Been wearing those for a decade or so. Main bummer is the straps don't dry out very quickly after getting wet.

Recently got crocs again and they're much lighter so they're my backpacking camp shoes and fishing shoes.
This what I ordered. The Chacos are more for everyday/camping shoe. I'll reserve the Crocks backpacking shoe. Although I've yet to bring any camp shoe on true backpacking trips.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
Spend my whole Alabama summers in reefs. The true leather reefs hold up better than the vegan leather and they are very comfortable.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Tevas. Forget which type but its synthetic material with a gnarly tread. Pack well, easy around camp and have grip and hold your foot completely for possibly shallow river crossing. Become a Teva Diva.