Same arrow for both my 60lb and 70lb?

Lawnboi

WKR
Im wondering if someone could run my numbers for my bows. Im wondering if i can shoot the same spine out of both of my bows, and how high i can go on poundage with my other bow before i will need to spine up.

First bow is

Alphamax 32, 26.5" 62lbs. Currently shooting a .400 arrow out of this with a 100g tip

Next bow

Vector turbo, 26.5" Currently at 65lbs. Shooting the same .400 arrow out of it

The arrow i will be shooting for both is a GT kinetic xt, 25.25" carbon to carbon, 26" to the nock throat. 100g tip

My question is, if i bump my vector turbo up to 70lbs will i still be okay as far as spine goes, or will i need to look at another arrow? Im fine with leaving my turbo at 65-70lbs depending on where my spine is closest.

I know im really close to being weak on the VT when its turned up, dont want to be shooting too weak of an arrow.

Also wondering how close I am as far as spine selection for these two bows?

Thanks for any advice

Might be too weak. I prefer a stiffer arrow. I would say it wont hurt to try thou. Arrows can work fine for different setups and often times work good when the "charts" say they wont

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
worse case senario, if i like the kinetics in .400 for my 60lb bow, then i can get the .300's for my VT and just cut them at 27 or 27.5 to balance out the spine, and even add a little weight up front if i have to. That should work, and that would allow me to shoot my bow maxed out at 73lbs. I think the arrow will still be a little stiff though.

Although if i can get away with .400's for both that would be awsome cause that would save me some good money on arrows. Ill sacrifice a few fps from the VT by turning it down if im not going to be dangerously underspined with .400's shooting up around 70lbs.

Justin i too tend to like a stiffer arrow, which is why im thinking i will have to spine up and shoot different arrows.

Jon Boy

WKR
Shoot them both through paper and at the range. I was shooting 400s out of my old bow at 28" draw and 70 lbs and was just fine even though the chart said different. I got a new bow and went to a 340 after the 400 wouldnt paper tune perfectly (pretty close though)

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Do you guys think that a 300 at 27in, and 73lbs on the VT would be overly stiff? I know its a bit on the stiff side but to be honest i havnt had any problems tuning arrows that have been a little stiff before

At 26.5" you should be perfectly fine with a .400 spine Kinetic especially cut down all you are doing is stiffening up your arrow shaft. Crank it up and throw it through paper!

SDHNTR

WKR
I think you'd be ok with a 25.5" .400 arrow, 100gr tip at 70 lbs, as that is pretty short, but borderline with those agressive cams. If in doubt though, a .340 spine arrrow would be ideal.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Im going to do some experimenting tomorrow. Ill try with the 400's first and ill see if they will paper tune up to 70lbs. Otherwise ill jack my VT up to 73lbs, cut some 300's at 27in, and put an extra 25g up front. That should make me almost perfect and just a hair on the stiff side.

OR Archer

WKR
At 26.5" you should be perfectly fine with a .400 spine Kinetic especially cut down all you are doing is stiffening up your arrow shaft. Crank it up and throw it through paper!

Yep!! I shoot 27/70 and have shot a 400 spine for quite some time. They tune and shoot great!!

Just did a test. Shot some gt kinetic 300's (normal arrow I use for my 83 lb bow). Shot them out of a 65 lb bow, arrows shot good. Bhs and fp grouped.