Saltwater fly fishing reels

Fitzwho

WKR
I use Waterworks Lamson reels in the past, but I am currently using Cheeky reels.

I just got back from fishing Hawaii and Christmas Island, Caught bonefish to 7lbs, triggerfish, and small Trevally all on my Cheeky reels.

finner

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a couple Hatches, but have a Vosseler on my 8wt that I love. Great reels if you can find them. Everyone should have a couple Redington Behemoths to beat up as well. They're cheaper than a tank of gas and they do fine in salt. I know a group that took two Hatches and two Behemoths to Christmas a couple years ago. Every reel caught multiple GTs, and they burned up one Hatch and one Behemoth. Heard great things about Nautilus but haven't fished them

My experience says stay away from Lamson, Cheeky, Ross and Abel.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've got a couple Hatches, but have a Vosseler on my 8wt that I love. Great reels if you can find them. Everyone should have a couple Redington Behemoths to beat up as well. They're cheaper than a tank of gas and they do fine in salt. I know a group that took two Hatches and two Behemoths to Christmas a couple years ago. Every reel caught multiple GTs, and they burned up one Hatch and one Behemoth. Heard great things about Nautilus but haven't fished them

My experience says stay away from Lamson, Cheeky, Ross and Abel.
I have a redington behemoth on my pike rod, it’s actually a pretty decent reel, I suppose it would make a good backup to take on a trip.