Salomon Speedcross 4

dayhunt85

FNG
I have been looking for new running shoe. I run mostly on pavement but would like to incorporate some trails. I read a lot of good things about the Speedcross 4 (and 3s). I have a wide foot, measured as a 9.5 EEE. I typically have to buy larger tennis shoes 10.5-11. I recently purchased some Salomon Quest 4d 2 GTX in a 10.5 for an upcoming archery elk hunt in CO. I have put about 20 miles on them and they fit well. Because of this I bought the Speedcross 4s in the same size, but they aren't going to work. A little tight in the toe box and my right heel is moving too much.

What are some other good options out there? Possibly something that comes in a wide or atleast more forgiving in the width.

Look at the Brooks Caldera and search for the New Balance Leadville (old model was the 1210). The later is available in a 2E. The caldera fits wide and deep. There are very few options for wide trail runners.

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
Altra running shoes are very wide and have a huge foot shaped to box I have had three pairs of them and just picked up there lone peak 3.0 worth a look I would recommend them

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would have to second the Altras. Toe box should be plenty wide enough for you, and you can choose your level of cushioning.

Altra running shoes are very wide and have a huge foot shaped to box I have had three pairs of them and just picked up there lone peak 3.0 worth a look I would recommend them

sry i cant figure this out lol but are you saying you dont need to buy EE in the altra and their normal width is wide enough?

mvmnts

WKR
Altras are not a wide shoe, they just have a wide toebox. They're not going to work for people who actually have wide feet, but they are worth trying. My feet are a little on the wide side, and I like La Sportiva shoes, even though they aren't wide, they tend to give quite a bit.