Saloman X Ultra 360 Mid?

Taudisio

WKR
Haven’t tried these as they appear new, but I would assume as posted above, they won’t be waterproof. They will probably be more comfortable than all the other brands, as I have found with all Salomons. Best fit/comfort, but your feet will get wet if you walk in the water. I accept the trade off, every time.

P Carter

WKR
I wear Salomons a lot. Never worn the xa ultra mid, but my son and I both have the x ultra. It’s low top rather than mid. They’re great shoes. Comfortable, supportive enough, great traction, the rubber is a good mix of durable yet sticky.

That’s pretty consistent across their whole line. (I’ve worn several iterations of the speed cross and other trail shoes like the sense mantra, plasma, etc.)

Personally, I don’t use goretex footwear. My feet always get wet, whether from external water or sweating, and I prefer quick to dry over slower to wet. but I wouldn’t count on the waterproofing on the goretex Salomon product to keep feet dry for all that long.

OP
T

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
I wear Salomons a lot. Never worn the xa ultra mid, but my son and I both have the x ultra. It’s low top rather than mid. They’re great shoes. Comfortable, supportive enough, great traction, the rubber is a good mix of durable yet sticky.

That’s pretty consistent across their whole line. (I’ve worn several iterations of the speed cross and other trail shoes like the sense mantra, plasma, etc.)

Personally, I don’t use goretex footwear. My feet always get wet, whether from external water or sweating, and I prefer quick to dry over slower to wet. but I wouldn’t count on the waterproofing on the goretex Salomon product to keep feet dry for all that long.
I’d prefer not to have Waterproof hiking shoes as well but no one seems to make a mid non waterproof hiking boot/shoe.

I really liked these minus that fact because they fit great and feel good. Thanks for the information!

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with that one but I do love the X Ultra 4 and XA Pro 3D V9. They both look to have a better chassis for support over the 360. They are both two Salomon's most highly regarded hikers/trail runners. The X ultra can be had with or without goretex and in a mid version.