Sako S20 or Tikka T3x Veil 6.5 PRC?

Youll love it. If it’s like my 6.5 PRC it’s a driver. Reloads with Hornady 130 CX sub 1/2” and is one of my new favorites. 143 ELDX is also right there. The S20 are such great guns and at the sub $1k range I’d love to hear if anyone could find something better for what it offers. My S20 in 300WM is also a shooter.

Youll love it. If it’s like my 6.5 PRC it’s a driver. Reloads with Hornady 130 CX sub 1/2” and is one of my new favorites. 143 ELDX is also right there. The S20 are such great guns and at the sub $1k range I’d love to hear if anyone could find something better for what it offers. My S20 in 300WM is also a shooter.

Any velocity data on factory ELD ammo? Just wondering if these run a bit slow like Tikkas...

Nothing against the S20, as they are fantastic, but I only see the utility in going with one over a Tikka to gain COAL. Elstwise, I think the aftermarket parts available for the Tikka's give them an edge with short mag based cases.

Nothing against the S20, as they are fantastic, but I only see the utility in going with one over a Tikka to gain COAL. Elstwise, I think the aftermarket parts available for the Tikka's give them an edge with short mag based cases.
True, but to get a Tikka in 6.5 PRC with decent stock, threaded barrel and extended COAL, I'm into it WAY more than $999.

I turned a Tikka 300WM into a 7 PRC (carbon barrel) and it ran over $3k with a cheap Stockys VG stock. If Tikka sold a 6.5 PRC in the regular T3X design in the US the math might pencil out in favor of that.

True, but to get a Tikka in 6.5 PRC with decent stock, threaded barrel and extended COAL, I'm into it WAY more than $999.

I turned a Tikka 300WM into a 7 PRC (carbon barrel) and it ran over $3k with a cheap Stockys VG stock. If Tikka sold a 6.5 PRC in the regular T3X design in the US the math might pencil out in favor of that.
I see where you're going. I bought a take off 6.5 PRC. Had a magnum bolt and action collecting dust. Shoots fantastic.