Sako S20 First 6 shots

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
To simple

Hornady 140 ELD-M factory ammo.

One bore sight shot, adjusted, 5 shots inside a 1” dot.

4bded32b00c95973e572ea9ad6a86eee.jpg

ac04a3ddef1fb536aaed225dcf2778fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rooggvc

WKR
I have looked at them dozens of times, I just don't know about cutting the fluted barrel down so I can run a suppressor. Anyone have any experience with cutting down a fluted barrel to run a suppressor?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
So it’s like any other Sako… You take it out of the box. Shoot a bullet that’s towards the “lower grain” side of the chambering, and it stacks them.

I’ve owned 6 Sakos from 300 stupid mag down to .204 Ruger… Each one has done something about like this during 200 yard 6-8 shot sight ins (two magazines)…

IMG_2919.jpeg
IMG_2916.jpeg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have looked at them dozens of times, I just don't know about cutting the fluted barrel down so I can run a suppressor. Anyone have any experience with cutting down a fluted barrel to run a suppressor?
They are the same cold hammer forged fluted barrels used on Sako 85s and T3X variants. In my experience, some of the best barrels in the world.

Zero issues with buddies cutting them down and threading.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Stunt shooter.

Imagine if a manufacturer designed and engineered a complete rifle package from action with correct chamber geometry and features to stock with correct inletting, forend, grip and stock to trigger etc.

Simplicity at its finest.

That way hunters could focus on hunting and becoming riflemen.

Just an idea

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
Do these have the same limitations as long action Tikkas in regards to magazine length and seating heavy bullets further out?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Do these have the same limitations as long action Tikkas in regards to magazine length and seating heavy bullets further out?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Sakos action sizes change depending on the chambering. They also use double stack magazines on the 85 variants that don’t have the limitations of the T3s.