Sako 6.5 scope recommendations

Gsarty

FNG
Any recommendations for a basic clear 3-9 or 2-7 by 40 or less - looking for a 300yard scope.

OP
G

Gsarty

FNG
How do they compare in clarity - local store was out of trijicon but had Swarovski / Zeiss / Burris / Leupold. I like a plain duplex reticle.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
How do they compare in clarity - local store was out of trijicon but had Swarovski / Zeiss / Burris / Leupold. I like a plain duplex reticle.
The accupoint 3-9 has great glass, built in illumination and a basic plex reticle. The scopes are also documented to be reliable which is important. Additionally, they only weigh ~ 13oz so not only are they durable but they are also light. I would take one over any comparably leupold/zeiss/swaro/burris out there.

Euro optic has them for just a bit over 600 dollars which is around a 300 dollar discount.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Another good option is a nightforce shv 3-10 with the forceplex reticle. The differences though are that the nightforce is going to weigh like 7oz more and have a 30mm tube vs the 1” that the trijicon has. The nightforce also has battery illumination where the trijicon has a sort of self regulating tritiume thing going on.

I have both scopes and they are both great choices for a 300 yard set and forget type of thing. I don’t know if I could really recommend one over the other except that you can get the trijicon for about 600 while the nightforce is going to cost you 975.00 and weigh more.

OP
G

Gsarty

FNG
Appreciate the replies. Will try to find the trijicon locally to look at.

Axlrod

WKR
Another good option is a nightforce shv 3-10 with the forceplex reticle. The differences though are that the nightforce is going to weigh like 7oz more and have a 30mm tube vs the 1” that the trijicon has. The nightforce also has battery illumination where the trijicon has a sort of self regulating tritiume thing going on.

I have both scopes and they are both great choices for a 300 yard set and forget type of thing. I don’t know if I could really recommend one over the other except that you can get the trijicon for about 600 while the nightforce is going to cost you 975.00 and weigh more.
I don't think Trijicon doesn't uses the tritium reticle anymore. They just have a fiber optic in them, with a light collector on top of the ocular lens. The tritium only lasts 15 years or so then burns out. I have one that is 12 years old and still going. Don't know if Trijicon is still replacing them or not.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I don't think Trijicon doesn't uses the tritium reticle anymore. They just have a fiber optic in them, with a light collector on top of the ocular lens. The tritium only lasts 15 years or so then burns out. I have one that is 12 years old and still going. Don't know if Trijicon is still replacing them or not.
You’re probably right, I thought it was tritium but what you said makes more sense.

OP
G

Gsarty

FNG
Thanks - do they visibly glow or is it noticeable during daylight?

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Take a look at the GPO 3-9x42
  • 1-inch main tube
  • Excellent eye relief
  • 1/4 MOA CCW rotation
  • Fast focus ocular
  • Metal turret caps
  • GPObright™ lens coating technology
** Double HD objective glass technology

OP
G

Gsarty

FNG
Appreciate the suggestions. If I can’t locate a trijicon to look at I may just throw a 2-7 Leupold vx2 on it for now.