WTS S&W 69 5 shot 44 magnum 4.25" barrel.

mcseal2

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm selling my S&W 69 44 magnum. It has a few light scratches from use but is in great shape. I purchased the revolver in May off Gunbroker and had my gunsmith check it out and stone the trigger. It has a crisp excellent trigger single or double action now, one of the smoothest I have felt. I bought it for some upcoming hunts in bear country but decided to go with a 10mm instead.

I'm selling it because the recoil with hotter bear loads is more than I want to handle. I shot this revolver with the Buffalo Bore reduced recoil 255gr ammo and it's just more than I want. The gun is fun for me to shoot with lighter loaded ammo in the 750ft/lb of energy range. Recoil that is more than I want might be fine for you. I developed a flinch in the past from high volume shooting of high recoiling guns and I don't want it back so I'm not taking any chances. My postage scale shows it at 37.2oz, very light and easy packing for a 44.

Accuracy was good and it's a great feeling gun. Others have said to put X frame grips on it to tame the recoil, but I have smaller hands that don't fit them great. I love the feel of the grips on the gun, it's identical to my favorite handgun my S&W 386 XL Hunter in 357.

I bought this gun in May off Gunbroker for $575, ended up with $620 in it after CC fees and shipping. That was before I had the trigger job done. I'll sell it for $575 shipped on here. If it does not sell in the next few days I'll put it on Gunbroker, but figured I'd offer it here first.

Payment will need to be Postal Money order or personal check and I'll ship once it clears. It will ship from my FFL to your FFL.

Thanks for looking and please PM with any questions.

DSCF7324.JPGDSCF7325.JPG

Hoghead

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
These guns are awesome for backpacking I carry mine in a chest holster. I put the X frame grips on mine and it does help with the recoil. If someone needs a carry gun with power or a light gun while hiking in bear country this is it. Good luck with your sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
As crazy as it sounds, I sold both my 629's for the same reason you are, i.e. recoil. I then got a 460 S&W and love it. Recoil is not as 'sharp' as the .44 and can shoot 3 different cartridges. Yes, it weighs more, but in a chest holster I don't notice much difference.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wonder how much the grips help, I keep hearing great things about the X frame grips. I love the feel of the grips on the revolver so I hated to change them. The same grips on my S&W 386 XL Hunter keep the recoil on it pleasant. It's a Scandium version of the 7 shot 686 basically, a really light full size revolver. It's my favorite handgun and what I've carried a lot in black bear country. I figured I should step up to something more for Alaska and other places with bigger bears, but the 10mm or 357 seem to be about as much recoil as I want. I worked darn hard go get rid of my flinch and don't want it back! I'll put the 69 on Gunbroker if it doesn't sell here, I just figured it might fit a Rokslider's needs so I thought I'd offer it here first.

gumbl3

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've got the 2.75" variant, best purchase I've ever made.. a cylinder of 305gr hardcasts leave me smiling for days.. I hard hitters

Hoghead

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I would buy the grips before you sell the gun. It helped mine with recoil. I would definitely rather take a 44 than a 10mm to Alaska. That is my personal feeling. If you load your own bullets you might try different powders. The 69 has a short barrel and you don't get all of the potential out of a slower magnum powder. I think the faster powder you wouldn't lose much and will probably be less recoil.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will think on it. I might give that a shot if it doesnt sell here. Thanks.