Running with a snokle?

I was talking with a co-worker about using a treadmill for exercising. He mentioned that a friend of his has seen guys that do the MMA running on treadmills with their noses clamped shut and breathing through a snorkel.

What benefit do you get from this and is it even safe to something like this?

a3dhunter

WKR
I train with a mouth piece in....cuts down oxygen to simulate high altitudes.

I thought you did that because you like to fall down mountains while packing out huge animals???

I'm sucking enough wind I don't need to add anything yet, but anything restricting air is going to simulate oxygen deprivation that is experienced at altitude. I'm just glad I'm hunting an easy unit the year. ;)

B

bearguide

we live at 7000 so i can get real tired without any extra distractions

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I live at 6K and backpack between 10 and 14, but I still use a mouth piece when training at Red Rocks.... It's self imposed affirmative action:)

marshrat

FNG
Not sure how well it works. I did some research on the MMA masks that are being sold, and reactions are mixed as far as I could tell. I would research it alot before I made the investment in the mask or tried to torture myself with a snorkel. Just my .02.

OP
tim tarras
Thanks for the info. I found an old snorkel at home and going to try it. I'll let you know what I find out from this experiment.

Robby, I have to agree with Les on this.:D