Ruger 10/22 stock

Abelm4

FNG
Going to purchase a ruger 10/22 looking to replace the stock got my eye on the magpul hunter x, any other recommendations? Thanks

Mildot

FNG
I like my Magpul Hunter X-22, I also have one with the Magpul MOE stock and a takedown model with the Backpacker stock.

Photos for comparison.

Attachments

• Ruger 10-22 75th Anniversary bul barrel.jpg
    Ruger 10-22 75th Anniversary bul barrel.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Ruger 10-22 LVT.jpg
    Ruger 10-22 LVT.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Ruger 10-22 takedown.JPG
    Ruger 10-22 takedown.JPG
    316.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I also have a Hogue stock on my 10/22, but if I were to change it, I’d go with a KRG stock for it. I really like the one that is on my Ruger Ranch Rifle.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with BLJ, If you want light weight and adjustable LOP, especially if you have young kids, I'd recommend the Blackhawk Axiom.

Otherwise mine would be in a KRG Bravo.

I like the Magpul Backpacker for my take down model, but I wouldn't go for the Magpul for a non-take down 10/22. I don't prefer the grip angle.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The model I’m looking at comes with a hogue stock which is model 31197 I’ll have to compare the 2 in store
When I bought my Tacsol I had the choice of the hogue or the magpul, I thought I’d like the hogue but the magpul has all the key mod connection points so you can put the sling or whatever in a different position. I’ll probably eventually get a magpul.

Mildot

FNG
I have had the Hogue stocks in the past, both the rubber and the harder nylon version.

They are nice stocks.

The model number you are looking at has a 16" barrel, mine are 18" so yours would look a little different in the Magpul.

I would probably stay with the Hogue stock with your configuration.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Several companies make wood blank stocks ready to drop in a 10/22 barreled action. Both my 10/22 and my sons 10/22 use these stocks. They are unfinished and able to be fine tuned for the shooters hand/body size, barrel profile, stain, clear, or paint scheme, etc. Fun project.

Volquartsen also makes/sells some drop in ready options. Their hollow handle wood stock can also be modified to fit shooter and works well.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
This stock, when the grip area is filed down and mid area toe built up a bit with filler or compound, and thumb relief cut into the off side for more neural position. Works quite well for field shooting for most shooters, especially smaller framed shooters.

IMG_9054.jpeg

IMG_9055.jpeg

Kurts86

WKR
I really like the Magpul Hunter stock on a 10/22. I don’t personally see the need for a more precision oriented vertical grip on the 10/22 platform because it’s more an offhand blaster than a precise prone setup.