Rope!!!

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I have found para cord to be very useful over the years. I would not go without some in my pack on an elk hunt but everyone has their different methods…

OP
T

Tex68w

WKR
Ha, that is amusing. I have a visual of 2 guys trying to pull an elk up over a cliff from a creek bottom with a piece of rope!!

Wow, you must have been born yesterday if you think I am talking about lifting an elk. Gotta love the guys who come in here, ASSume and twist words for a pathetic joke that misses except with the other mouth breathers all while providing absolutely nothing useful to the thread. Thanks for your contribution! Try the eating the red crayon next, I hear they taste the best.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I had a nice bear get on a cow within an hour after killing. He was on the carcass before I even started working on it. The good thing is, that bear is no longer a problem.
If there's no human scent on it, bears and yotes will get on it quick....especially if you shoot one in the evening. That's why I'll never let them lay overnight. But after breaking one down, I have never had an issue with either black bears or yotes even two days after.

I have always carried 550 cord in my pack. I use it to tie off a leg if needed while breaking them down, hanging the meat, and lashing to a pack frame if needed.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I lost a key with paracord to a square knot yesterday. I'm switching officially to a sheet bend for joining #550.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Reflective cord always goes the pack and then I have extra cord in the truck or jeep. You don’t need a ton in your pack but It’s always handy to have for many different uses.

Jethro

WKR
I’ve got 50’ of this kite rope in my kill kit. Used it to hold some legs and head on a solo quarter. Hung meat too cool (head height not bear proof high). Served my tag to antler the year NM forgot to put a sticky side on the paper. It’s strong and light. Sold on Amazon

IMG_2972.jpeg

Wow, you must have been born yesterday if you think I am talking about lifting an elk. Gotta love the guys who come in here, ASSume and twist words for a pathetic joke that misses except with the other mouth breathers all while providing absolutely nothing useful to the thread. Thanks for your contribution! Try the eating the red crayon next, I hear they taste the best.
No problem, anytime I can be of ASSistance!!

TxxAgg

WKR
It was a joke. Get some thicker skin.

It's stuff like this that makes them all hate us Texans.

It was a joke. Get some thicker skin.

It's stuff like this that makes them all hate us Texans.
I guess my comment rubbed OP the wrong, although it wasn't intended to do so. Personally, I love Texas and it's people. I used to live in El Paso (Ft. Bliss), then to Killeen (Ft. Hood), but now stuck in South La where my Wife is from. I couldn't get her to move back your way after losing our house in Katrina in 2005. Still working on her but with all our Grand Children living within 30 minutes, it doesn't look good.

SonnyDay

WKR
I guess my comment rubbed OP the wrong, although it wasn't intended to do so. Personally, I love Texas and it's people. I used to live in El Paso (Ft. Bliss), then to Killeen (Ft. Hood), but now stuck in South La where my Wife is from. I couldn't get her to move back your way after losing our house in Katrina in 2005. Still working on her but with all our Grand Children living within 30 minutes, it doesn't look good.
Have you co considered getting a stout rope and dragging her?