Roosevelt elk guides?

mms2

FNG
has any one done a guided Roosevelt elk hunt? who are considered the best outfits?

I’m just now starting to research with maybe a 2025 hunt in mind. Can that hunt usually be combined with black tail or are they best done separately.

first Hand recommendations would be great. Ideally I’d like to stay 10k or under. I have no points for draws if that matters in those states.

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
Jody Smith Guide service here in Oregon runs them. Have heard good things but no personal experience.

444Marlin

FNG
General season tags will be OTC in both OR and WA.

I've used Carl Windle up in Forks for Bear, and I believe he does elk hunts too. Solid guy. Knows the area well.

OP
mms2

mms2

FNG
does any one have a contact for spoon creek outfitters, read a few reviews of them but they don't seem to have a website.

pirogue

WKR
. I have no points for draws if that matters in those states.
OR is about the least NR unfriendly state there is. The Rosy(West) side may have a few more branch antlered units than the East side, but generally, OR manages for quantity, not quality. Don’t know about WA.

444Marlin

FNG
I will add that it's NR friendly with ample OTC tags for some units. Only 5% of controlled hunt tags are allocated for NR.

Wrench

WKR
My buddies brother guides for Ken Wilson's outfit. They have done pretty well most years.

TXCO

WKR
I hunted with spoon creek in 2021. I booked it through bowhunting safari consultants. Id recommend them
For a bow hunt. They said rifle is almost impossible. Their blacktail hunts are later in the year. Happy to answer any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted with spoon creek in 2021. I booked it through bowhunting safari consultants. Id recommend them
For a bow hunt. They said rifle is almost impossible. Their blacktail hunts are later in the year. Happy to answer any questions.

When you say rifle is almost impossible, do you mean to draw or kill?

Wrench

WKR
This last year was tough, but historically they do pretty well. They take disabled vets frequently and manage to notch tags on bulls. They lease a ton of ground.

cgasner1

WKR
My buddies brother guides for Ken Wilson's outfit. They have done pretty well most years.

I grew up in that country if you want to kill a Rosie this is the phone call to make end of discussion.

TXCO

WKR

They said its really hard out of the rut and its shoot any legal bull you see as fast as you can. They do have a good trackrecord especially with archery.