RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Can't move if it's glued in!

Jay

It won't move off the recoil lug when paint penned in, properly seated on the lug, and torqued to 65" lbs. You can drop it from 4 feet onto rocks apparently, and it still won't move.

You might just slightly bend a windage turret though...

IMG_8714.jpg

Hit hard enough that the windage turret knurling tore through the scope cover...

IMG_8717.jpg

IMG_8929.jpg

0.4 MIL shift to the left caused by a slightly bent turret (which I didn't know about until I checked yesterday at one of my shooting spots). I re-zeroed after the drop in Alaska, bounced it around in a Tacoma TRD off-road laying on the backseat, hand carried and busted brush with it, used the hollow carbon rokstok as a moose paddle (works excellent), killed a moose, bumped around in the Tacoma on the way back, REALLY bumped around in my buddies ATV helping me haul the meat to his cabin, flew on an airplane back to AZ, road in the back of my wife's truck in a pelican case, and confirmed zero yesterday. Still good to go, no glue required :)

The Guide

WKR
It won't move off the recoil lug when paint penned in, properly seated on the lug, and torqued to 65" lbs. You can drop it from 4 feet onto rocks apparently, and it still won't move.

You might just slightly bend a windage turret though...

View attachment 765480

Hit hard enough that the windage turret knurling tore through the scope cover...

View attachment 765484

View attachment 765486

0.4 MIL shift to the left caused by a slightly bent turret (which I didn't know about until I checked yesterday at one of my shooting spots). I re-zeroed after the drop in Alaska, bounced it around in a Tacoma TRD off-road laying on the backseat, hand carried and busted brush with it, used the hollow carbon rokstok as a moose paddle (works excellent), killed a moose, bumped around in the Tacoma on the way back, REALLY bumped around in my buddies ATV helping me haul the meat to his cabin, flew on an airplane back to AZ, road in the back of my wife's truck in a pelican case, and confirmed zero yesterday. Still good to go, no glue required :)
Show off... 😉

Are you going to warranty the scope? Or do you think they they will just say you were "Trying to do that stupid drop test on concrete" like they said on the podcast last year? To be honest, if I had seen the podcast before I bought my scope, I wouldn't have purchased it just based on their arrogance and dismissive stance toward people who actually want a scope that works.

Jay

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Show off... 😉

Are you going to warranty the scope? Or do you think they they will just say you were "Trying to do that stupid drop test on concrete" like they said on the podcast last year? To be honest, if I had seen the podcast before I bought my scope, I wouldn't have purchased it just based on their arrogance and dismissive stance toward people who actually want a scope that works.

Jay
No, sir.

Pride and arrogance are a heck of a thing, unfortunately.

I will not be dealing any further with Maven and won't be buying anymore of these scopes after talking with them. My RS1.2's will be slowly replaced by whatever scope Ryan and Form might be able to have developed in the future. If Maven suddenly changes face and is willing to listen and build to Form/Ryan specs, then they will continue to have a customer.

The Guide

WKR
No, sir.

I will not be dealing any further with Maven and won't be buying anymore of these scopes after talking with them. My RS1.2's will be slowly replaced by whatever scope Ryan and Form might be able to have developed in the future. If Maven suddenly changes face and is willing to listen and build to Form/Ryan specs, then they will continue to have a customer.
I wish the 2.5-15X44 Credo hadn't gone up in price. As is, I would have saved 300 bucks and had 2 matching scopes that work. I'm not hooked on FFP yet either.

Jay

fwafwow

WKR
No, sir.

Did I miss some of the story?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Did I miss some of the story?
I finally listened to that snippet from a podcast where the ownership group basically dismisses the fact that the RS1.2 is their number one selling optic, more than all the others combined, and it having anything to do with the tests here on Rokslide.

I talked to one of them, optics manufacturer to optics manufacturer, and they currently seem to have minimal to zero interest in having a scope made that actually works moving forward (other than the RS1.2). Hopefully for them that changes soon.

fwafwow

WKR
I finally listened to that snippet from a podcast where the ownership group basically dismisses the fact that the RS1.2 is their number one selling optic, more than all the others combined, and it having anything to do with the tests here on Rokslide.

I talked to one of them, optics manufacturer to optics manufacturer, and they currently seem to have minimal to zero interest in having a scope made that actually works moving forward (other than the RS1.2). Hopefully for them that changes soon.
Ah. Gotcha. Now I blame you for having purchased mine! 😆

I had listened to the same podcast and had the same reaction to their odd statements and disdain. But I figured they had gotten religion and/or the 1.2 is so amazing it was worth overlooking. Both would be great, but the latter is enough to keep mine. Until something better comes along.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Ah. Gotcha. Now I blame you for having purchased mine! 😆

I had listened to the same podcast and had the same reaction to their odd statements and disdain. But I figured they had gotten religion and/or the 1.2 is so amazing it was worth overlooking. Both would be great, but the latter is enough to keep mine. Until something better comes along.
I’ll be keeping and using mine as well for now. They flat out work and have a bad ass reticle.