RokStok

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yikes. There is some railed tikkas from January orders out in the wild. They were spartan rails so somehow they jumped the line. I'm still waiting on my arca/pic railed tikka from a day 6 order.

You assume there is a line. Beginning to seem like this is how UM select which order to ship out next.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Mine was actually 5/32 hex. I fiddled with the Phillips for a bit then shined a light on the itty bitty hole. Decided it looked like it might be hex and started trying options. I have the length of pull kit. Maybe that's the difference.
4mm Allen wrench seemed to fit perfectly to remove one spacer set on this stock.

IMG_8927.jpg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Also, don't order factory sporter, shouldn't even be an option in my opinion...

This was required to get the barreled action to fully seat.

IMG_8928.jpg

I will say that I DID have clearance all the way to the lug once seated if no pressure was applied to the barrel/stock. Once I place the stock on a rest and apply a bit of torque, there was some slight binding on the paper cleanly sliding through between stock and barrel, same as almost all "factory sporter" contour aftermarket stocks, this isn't unique to rokstok.

I will now be sanding it out to 3B or more and then paint.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Also, don't order factory sporter, shouldn't even be an option in my opinion...

This was required to get the barreled action to fully seat.

View attachment 765461

I will say that I DID have clearance all the way to the lug once seated if no pressure was applied to the barrel/stock. Once I place the stock on a rest and apply a bit of torque, there was some slight binding on the paper cleanly sliding through between stock and barrel, same as almost all "factory sporter" contour aftermarket stocks, this isn't unique to rokstok.

I will now be sanding it out to 3B or more and then paint.
How tempted were you to just NULA it?

-J

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
That’s how both mine look.

Also, your scopes are too far forward. 😏
Adding a 1/2" spacer and moving the scopes back 1/2" shoots nicely. Shooting back to back with non-spaced units in various field positions there is almost no noticeable difference. I would say in general the spacer and scope moved back is a touch more intuitive/natural for how I shoot. Will likely add spacers to all of mine soon, again, nothing that will affect killing ability, if it did I'd have a whole lot more to work on haha.

Adding a 1/2" spacer and moving the scopes back 1/2" shoots nicely. Shooting back to back with non-spaced units in various field positions there is almost no noticeable difference. I would say in general the spacer and scope moved back is a touch more intuitive/natural for how I shoot. Will likely add spacers to all of mine soon, again, nothing that will affect killing ability, if it did I'd have a whole lot more to work on haha.
Form did say he wanted 14.5" LOP or longer from the beginning for a reason. Granted 1/2" only takes it to 14