RokStok

It might surprise a lot of trophy hunters from the states

But a lot of moose die from 223 every year in Alaska.

A lot.

A fmj to the lungs, neck or head kills them real fast. Probably faster then a bonded bullet from a 308 or ‘06.

This thread is a good reminder not to do group buys on forums or be a beta tester.

Elk rifle still doesn’t have a stock.

atmat

WKR
It might surprise a lot of trophy hunters from the states

But a lot of moose die from 223 every year in Alaska.

A lot.

A fmj to the lungs, neck or head kills them real fast. Probably faster then a bonded bullet from a 308 or ‘06.
Careful, you’re gonna trigger the Texans using 30cals on small WTs.

(Said as a former Texan formerly shooting 30cals on small WTs)

waspocrew

WKR
I've been following this thread out of curiosity more than anything... At some point, I'll probably try one out once the production kinks get worked out. Seems like a solid option!

fwafwow

WKR
On the Rokstok? -.940”
Yes - sorry, I meant on the RokStok. I had originally ordered the Factory Sporter, but changed a few days later to the 3b inlet. When mine was delivered yesterday, the invoice in the box was not clear, or at least not consistent, so I wanted to confirm I have a 3b.

Now I just need to see if I have the right screw in one of my Spartan boxes to make the Spartan rail work

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Yes - sorry, I meant on the RokStok. I had originally ordered the Factory Sporter, but changed a few days later to the 3b inlet. When mine was delivered yesterday, the invoice in the box was not clear, or at least not consistent, so I wanted to confirm I have a 3b.

Now I just need to see if I have the right screw in one of my Spartan boxes to make the Spartan rail work
@Unknown Munitions & @Salmon River Solutions can you confirm whether or not the functional issue with the Spartan rail (lack of ferrous screw installed, per my understanding) has been resolved for deliveries going forward?

Best,
-J

fwafwow

WKR
@Unknown Munitions & @Salmon River Solutions can you confirm whether or not the functional issue with the Spartan rail (lack of ferrous screw installed, per my understanding) has been resolved for deliveries going forward?

Best,
-J
I can confirm that my Spartan rail is not functional. My Rokstok was delivered yesterday (12/21 order). I'm trading emails with UM.

fwafwow

WKR
Here are some pictures of my RokStok. I really like the look, but alas I'm sending it back for them to fix the Spartan rail. EDIT - please see subsequent post. UM sent me the needed parts by overnight FedEx, but also offered to do the work.

With the Can Chaps:
IMG_2170.jpeg

With the UM Jimmy:
IMG_2171.jpeg

Does this look like it's seated properly? EDIT - see later posts below, including when it was clear I was being a 'lil bitch about seating this correctly.
IMG_2169.jpeg

The barrel appears, to me, to not be centered. I'm assuming this doesn't matter. But I can get more cats down one side than the other. EDIT - see post below in which this is much more centered after proper seating.

IMG_2168.jpeg
The logo is on one side and just black, so it's not too aggressive. This is a 14.5" LOP. I didn't get a picture of the new UM bolt handle and knob. I also haven't swapped out the 6x for the new Maven.
IMG_2162.jpeg

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Here are some pictures of my RokStok. I really like the look, but alas I'm sending it back for them to fix the Spartan rail.

With the Can Chaps:
View attachment 763693

With the UM Jimmy:
View attachment 763694

Does this look like it's seated properly?
View attachment 763695

The barrel appears, to me, to not be centered. I'm assuming this doesn't matter. But I can get more cats down one side than the other.

View attachment 763696
The logo is on one side and just black, so it's not too aggressive. This is a 14.5" LOP. I didn't get a picture of the new UM bolt handle and knob. I also haven't swapped out the 6x for the new Maven.
View attachment 763697
Looks sweet! Bummer about the Spartan screw. Seems to be a QC issue since there’s been a few sent out without it including one of mine.

Take a pic from the bolt side. The bottom of the ejection port should be flush with the stock all the way front to back when fully seated.

ljalberta

WKR
Here are some pictures of my RokStok. I really like the look, but alas I'm sending it back for them to fix the Spartan rail.

With the Can Chaps:
View attachment 763693

With the UM Jimmy:
View attachment 763694

View attachment 763695

The barrel appears, to me, to not be centered. I'm assuming this doesn't matter. But I can get more cats down one side than the other.

View attachment 763696
View attachment 763697
Does not look seated. But the stock itself looks good.

fwafwow

WKR
Looks sweet! Bummer about the Spartan screw. Seems to be a QC issue since there’s been a few sent out without it including one of mine.

Take a pic from the bolt side. The bottom of the ejection port should be flush with the stock all the way front to back when fully seated.
I will need to do that tomorrow. I had already removed the stock thinking I might ship it back later today or first thing tomorrow morning. I did tinker with it and watched the lug (which is stamped UM), but I could not seem to get it to move in any way that made a difference. I will give it another try.

Axlrod

WKR
Received mine today! First day order, 12/21/23 LE green. Changed to camo paint, when offered that option by UM. Fit perfectly, factory bottom metal was snug, but no issues. Spartan fits with no issues. Gun was chambered by UM earlier this year in 6Rokum (6-7 PRC).

First impressions- I love the grip and how easy it is to get into the gun. Scope needs to be moved forward a bit, I had been shooting it in a Tikka Super Varmint stock (least favorite stock after a tupperware savage). It weighs 8lb 12oz the way it sits. I have UM bottom metal and mags coming. Heading out now archery hunting for the weekend. But excited to shoot it next week sometime.

Attachments

• 6Rokum1.jpg
    6Rokum1.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 151

Antares

WKR

With the Can Chaps:
View attachment 763693

With the UM Jimmy:
View attachment 763694

View attachment 763695

View attachment 763696
View attachment 763697

Interesting. Mine is 14.5" LOP also, but mine only has 3 spacers; looks like yours has 5?