RokStok

TX_Diver

WKR
I got out and shot mine yesterday finally.

I have almost zero reticle movement up/down, but I am seeing 5-6+ mils of movement to the left (right handed shooter, 6.5CM).

Wondering if I should shorten the LOP? Main thing I can think of is that I'm having to push my face down more due to the higher comb (SWFA 3-9 w/ Med UM rings). I ordered it at 14.5" LOP as I was shooting my KRG bravo at that LOP, but with my KRG bravo I'd see ~2 mil of left right movement and a bit of up/down movement too.

Happy with it overall though!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I got out and shot mine yesterday finally.

I have almost zero reticle movement up/down, but I am seeing 5-6+ mils of movement to the left (right handed shooter, 6.5CM).

Wondering if I should shorten the LOP? Main thing I can think of is that I'm having to push my face down more due to the higher comb (SWFA 3-9 w/ Med UM rings). I ordered it at 14.5" LOP as I was shooting my KRG bravo at that LOP, but with my KRG bravo I'd see ~2 mil of left right movement and a bit of up/down movement too.

Happy with it overall though!

You have too much face pressure. And, are you grabbing the toe of the stock with your fingers, or letting the rifle rest on the rear bag and you are squeezing the bag?

TX_Diver

WKR
You have too much face pressure. And, are you grabbing the toe of the stock with your fingers, or letting the rifle rest on the rear bag and you are squeezing the bag?

Grabbing rear bag. This was similar in most positions but I was shooting prone mostly yesterday. Molinator strapped to my pack up front and either bino harness or “the answer” rear bag (from Taylor at SH).

Any tips to reduce facial pressure?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Grabbing rear bag. This was similar in most positions but I was shooting prone mostly yesterday. Molinator strapped to my pack up front and either bino harness or “the answer” rear bag (from Taylor at SH).

Any tips to reduce facial pressure?
So is your hand underneath the rear bag and butt stock resting on top or is both your hand and the butt stock on top of the bag?

This may not be “correct” but I’ve shown this technique to shooters looking to be more proficient at field shooting prone with a rear rest. Most rear rests they bring are way too thick or overfilled. I have them use my rear bag which is super light and 2/3rds or less filled. Rectangle shape.

Once they switch to this bag and putting their offhand on top of the bag and controlling the toe with the little web of your hand between your pointer and thumb, their accuracy went way up. You can essentially pinch the toe in that webbing using your thumb and pointer and have much better control over the gun during aiming and especially during recoil.

Sorry for the crap photos my almost 7 year old helped me. Try something like this and see how it goes…

IMG_8513.jpeg

IMG_8512.jpeg
IMG_8507.jpeg

TX_Diver

WKR
So is your hand underneath the rear bag and butt stock resting on top or is both your hand and the butt stock on top of the bag?

This may not be “correct” but I’ve shown this technique to shooters looking to be more proficient at field shooting prone with a rear rest. Most rear rests they bring are way too thick or overfilled. I have them use my rear bag which is super light and 2/3rds or less filled. Rectangle shape.

Once they switch to this bag and putting their offhand on top of the bag and controlling the toe with the little web of your hand between your pointer and thumb, their accuracy went way up. You can essentially pinch the toe in that webbing using your thumb and pointer and have much better control over the gun during aiming and especially during recoil.

Sorry for the crap photos my almost 7 year old helped me. Try something like this and see how it goes…

View attachment 752429

View attachment 752430
View attachment 752431
I’ll try to take some pics next time but id say my hand position and grip on the bag is similar (or at least my attempt to be similar) to what you show there.

awpk03s

FNG
Has anyone put a longer Arca rail on the bottom of a Rokstock? Can it be done or is that a non-no?

I do like the way the KRG arca rail feels on a flat bottom fore end, and like the concept to adjust my bipod forward and back. Just wondering out loud with this one.

BBob

WKR
Has anyone put a longer Arca rail on the bottom of a Rokstock? Can it be done or is that a non-no?
Like how long? I have a 4” on mine. You could go longer with the length dependent on if you have a front rail or a no rail forend. It has to be offset forward a bit because of the transition in front of the mag well. It can’t be placed right in front of the mag well like some stocks that are straight all the way forward.
IMG_4016.jpeg

Last edited:

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
If you wanted to do the Gunwerks Nexus at home, I'd buy a rail-free Rokstok and install an SRS hunter rail.

-J

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders- I wanted to provide a short update on some QC measures we've put in place.

- We are now only using UM recoil lugs manufactured by @Salmon River Solutions to be within .0002" in every dimension to a factory Tikka lug. These will be nitrided and have a UM engraved on one side. You may receive a Rokstok with a non nitrided lug because we kept some back to make sure we had a clean point not knowing how long Nitride will take. @Stockys will also be using these new UM lugs for all of their applications as we have all experienced and seen variations with the MT lugs.

- We now have a test Tikka barreled action that we will seat in each Tikka Rokstok before it leaves. These 2 measures outlined should solve almost any fitment issue experienced up until now.

Again, if you have any issue at all, please work directly with us at Unknown Munitions. We are doing our absolute best to solve issues as they arise as we are new to the stock game.

I have turned off the Rokstok product on the UM website until we can catch up on orders, @Stockys
Lots of inquiries about the Rokstok Lite, this will not be a reality until next year for obvious reasons.
Ryan, Blaine, Jessica, and I are all headed to Africa from Monday AUG26 to SEP04.
There will still be a team here processing Rokstoks as they arrive.
I will likely make another trip out to Stockys in Florida when we get back.
Unfortunately, we still cannot provide any ETA's for you.

Jake Mushaney- UM/S2H

@Ryan Avery @Formidilosus @Salmon River Solutions

I like this update and the approach here. Not good news per se, but the right move (IMO) and makes me feel better about the product I’ll eventually receive. Thanks Jake.

TX_Diver

WKR
Hey Roksliders- I wanted to provide a short update on some QC measures we've put in place.

- We are now only using UM recoil lugs manufactured by @Salmon River Solutions to be within .0002" in every dimension to a factory Tikka lug. These will be nitrided and have a UM engraved on one side. You may receive a Rokstok with a non nitrided lug because we kept some back to make sure we had a clean point not knowing how long Nitride will take. @Stockys will also be using these new UM lugs for all of their applications as we have all experienced and seen variations with the MT lugs.

- We now have a test Tikka barreled action that we will seat in each Tikka Rokstok before it leaves. These 2 measures outlined should solve almost any fitment issue experienced up until now.

Again, if you have any issue at all, please work directly with us at Unknown Munitions. We are doing our absolute best to solve issues as they arise as we are new to the stock game.

I have turned off the Rokstok product on the UM website until we can catch up on orders, @Stockys
Lots of inquiries about the Rokstok Lite, this will not be a reality until next year for obvious reasons.
Ryan, Blaine, Jessica, and I are all headed to Africa from Monday AUG26 to SEP04.
There will still be a team here processing Rokstoks as they arrive.
I will likely make another trip out to Stockys in Florida when we get back.
Unfortunately, we still cannot provide any ETA's for you.

Jake Mushaney- UM/S2H

@Ryan Avery @Formidilosus @Salmon River Solutions

Thanks. I had good luck reaching out directly once I was able to call during business hours. Talked to a few people and they were all helpful and we're up and running now.

Bsnyder

WKR
So who has the longest running wait for a rock stock. I’m at 206 days on one and 90 on the other.

Bsnyder

WKR
I assure you that no one wants a RokStok in your hands more than everyone involved at UM/S2H!
Oh no doubt! I’m not doubting at all. I’m not even mad just a fun option kinda like we all do with our form 4 wait times.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Oh no doubt! I’m not doubting at all. I’m not even mad just a fun option kinda like we all do with our form 4 wait times.

I think the person with the longest wait time, that isn’t the fault of the individual is going to get something.