RokStok

I have an RS1.2 on a stock Tikka with low UM rings. The chart on their website recommends lows and when I bought them in store at UM they confirmed.

I can see the top of my suppressor in the scope at low power and wonder if mediums would fix that.
Is it hard to get your face behind it?

I’ve been looking at my cam on low power for years, it magically disappears when you’re actually looking at something you want to shoot

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
Is it hard to get your face behind it?

I’ve been looking at my cam on low power for years, it magically disappears when you’re actually looking at something you want to shoot

No, I need a cheek riser to get high enough. But this isn’t in a Rokstock. Maybe they higher comb on the Rokstock makes mediums better.

I have an RS1.2 on a stock Tikka with low UM rings. The chart on their website recommends lows and when I bought them in store at UM they confirmed.

I can see the top of my suppressor in the scope at low power and wonder if mediums would fix that.

You’re probably aware but the chart is for the traditional “how low can you go and have your objective clear your barrel”. His concern seems to be in regards to ring height that plays best with the rokstok comb.

My scythe is still visible with UM highs at low power on the rs1.2.

Same, I have a 1.75” dia can (nomad) instead of the more typical 1.5” and with the UM lows and RS1.2 I can see it up to 8x.

Think I might need mediums. Bummer I already paint penned em.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Hey @Formidilosus I was instructed by UM to order med height tikka rings for the rokstock rs1.2 combo. Sounds like on here a lot if guys are using lows. Still waiting on stock would you suggest waiting and trying the med I have or would you suggest I order lows while I wait?

Mediums or lows. About half prefer low, half prefer medium. Very few people that prefer low, that mediums are unworkable.

Mediums are a safe bet, and are my preference because the leather cheek piece goes on the stock and I need mediums to make it correct.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have the Rokstok with a SWFA, and if so, what height rings? I currently have low on with a 6x. Per @atmat I could add on a higher set to my order (which is starting to add up / I already have the Jimmy, knob and bolt handle to come when the stock arrives).
I have a Swiffer 3-15 in UM Lows on my T3x Lite 223 that’s currently wearing RokStok and love it.
3-15 is dimensionally quite similar to 6x I think.
I am of the tall long armed variety and typically like 14.25”-14.5” LOP in a ‘normal’ stock and run my scope further forward than the average so when adding my DIY spacers I pushed it out to 14.75” LOP on RokStok but part of that (besides having giraffe neck syndrome) is the mounting length/space available on the 3-15 and it’s long eye relief (IIRC at/over 4” and feels like more) too, even with the forward most ring positions with UM rings.

One down, one to go. Both ordered 12/21.

UM high rings. Tried highs and mediums. Preferred high. I rarely shoot prone and high felt better upright, and significantly better offhand.

EDIT: That’s an swfa 6x w/ the UM highs on the Rokstok btw. With the negative comb I could see anyone getting use to most any ring height they prefer. There’s plenty of reference along the face with the heal of the stock sitting so high.

IMG_9721.jpeg

Also put this pseudo RS together for the father in law…

IMG_9570.jpeg
IMG_9575.jpeg

Last edited:

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Got out this morning to finally shoot my rokstock and 6 creed and it feels great.
Really happy with the PVA barrel and the stock. First 10 round group was 1.4in with 108eldmIMG_5386.jpeg
Only 30 rounds through it right now and at 20in I’m getting avg of 2792fps.
IMG_5389.jpeg
On the other side something I’m not super stoked about is when I went to go shoot the gun I got cut by the carbon on the stock. It has never been used, dropped or hit anything before this.
IMG_5380.jpeg
Not sure what to do about it right now as I don’t want it to get worse.
IMG_5378.jpeg
In this photo it looks like the seam is starting to de laminate. Let me know what I should do. Anyone else having this issue?

waspocrew

WKR
Got out this morning to finally shoot my rokstock and 6 creed and it feels great.
Really happy with the PVA barrel and the stock. First 10 round group was 1.4in with 108eldmView attachment 751787
View attachment 751790
On the other side something I’m not super stoked about is when I went to go shoot the gun I got cut by the carbon on the stock. It has never been used, dropped or hit anything before this.
View attachment 751791
View attachment 751792
In this photo it looks like the seam is starting to de laminate. Let me know what I should do. Anyone else having this issue?
Plenty of guys would say it doesn’t bother them or just to use it. If it were my stock, I’d start by calling UM and likely return it.

Just my opinion though.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Really happy with the PVA barrel and the stock. First 10 round group was 1.4in with 108eldmView attachment 751787
View attachment 751790
View attachment 751791
View attachment 751792
That’s going to get worse with use. Call them Monday morning for sure.

While you’re waiting and want to shoot it throw some tape over it.

Last edited: