RokStok

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
@Stockys @Unknown Munitions

Nice job on the new consolidated product page. 2 questions:

Can the Tikka Rokstok be ordered with a CTR inlet (for running aftermarket short action AICS bottom metal)? If not, would you open it up as a paid service?

Is the Howa Mini action accounted for under Howa Short on the current drop down, or will that require a separate mold/inlet? Guessing you might be waiting on the RS Lite for that.

Thanks,
-J
Bumping these questions @Stockys @Unknown Munitions

-J

spun on a new pva .750 taperless tikka prefit today and I’ve got barrel contact on the shank with the sendero inlet. A little annoying because the whole reason I chose the sendero channel was not having to mess with it ever. I’ll say that PVA is probably mostly to blame for the shank being larger than tikka spec but more room would be welcome.

spun on a new pva .750 taperless tikka prefit today and I’ve got barrel contact on the shank with the sendero inlet. A little annoying because the whole reason I chose the sendero channel was not having to mess with it ever. I’ll say that PVA is probably mostly to blame for the shank being larger than tikka spec but more room would be welcome.

I was looking at those and wondered if the Tikka prefit shank was contoured to correct size or not. So you have that strange looking deal where the barrel shoulder comes up above the level on the action?

I also don't like that they only offer a 7 twist in 6mm. Otherwise, I'd be one.

I was looking at those and wondered if the Tikka prefit shank was contoured to correct size or not. So you have that strange looking deal where the barrel shoulder comes up above the level on the action?

I also don't like that they only offer a 7 twist in 6mm. Otherwise, I'd be one.

This one was 7.5 twist so they do do that. It’s not a full 1.2” shank it’s just a little above 1.115 or whatever tikka action faces are. The lite contour ace blank I got is a little bigger too, not quite as big as the pva though.

This one was 7.5 twist so they do do that. It’s not a full 1.2” shank it’s just a little above 1.115 or whatever tikka action faces are. The lite contour ace blank I got is a little bigger too, not quite as big as the pva though.
I saw a note on their page that said they're only 7 and the 7.5 option was grayed out on the Tikka page. Wasn't sure if they're just out of stock or really didn't make a 7.5

BBob

WKR
My 700 M5 mag inlet needs a little bit of work. Curtis, APA both tested. Bolt handle notch needs a bit of relieving/radiusing under the handle. I’ve found things like this also true with some of Stocky’s other models. They might need some fitting.

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Nope. It just finished yesterday. But, wood is better at everything except weight (8oz), weather resistance and in some cases absolute strength- there are answers to solve the last two.

Given same-same, I prefer wood for almost everything. It’s warmer, feels better, and dampens vibrations for the shot way better than CF, fiberglass, and especially aluminum.

You will have to be very careful on the grip section with wood with this grip and comb shape.
I’d like to hear your take on making wood stocks maximally weather resistant.
I like wood, but hunt in SE AK and Prince William Sound.
It gets wrath of god wet.

Go to the junk shop and buy a 50 pack of cheap superglue, strip off every bit of finish and soak the timber completely until it won’t take any more

So it doesn't fit in your rosktock? Or itdoes? Pics?
Does PVA have a vontour spec sheet and is it out of spec?

Dobermann

WKR
I’d like to hear your take on making wood stocks maximally weather resistant.
I like wood, but hunt in SE AK and Prince William Sound.
It gets wrath of god wet.
I'd be interested to know if a lanolin-based oil product might be the go - gently warm the stock, then put in a lanolin bath for a couple of days. Works amazing with leather and smaller wood items.

Some product names are Lanotec, Lanoguard, and Lanox. I think CRC also does Lanocote.

No, that is only going to soften the timber

Hardwood timber (such as walnut) has continuous pores, that is they are open ended through the piece.
To stabilize timber it is necessary to limit moisture transfer and the only way to do that is seal it

CA glues are the best way to do that as they are thin enough to penetrate deeply, epoxys are too thick and just cover the surface, and paint or varnish systems are worse

So it doesn't fit in your rosktock? Or itdoes? Pics?
Does PVA have a vontour spec sheet and is it out of spec?

PVA doesn't have a contour spec last I looked. Factory Tikka shank measures 1.125", the PVA 750 taperless measured 1.165"ish. This is just with calipers. I took the PVA barrel off and put my other one back on after seeing the contact and not having anything on hand to quickly open it up so dont have pictures. Not difficult to address at home but IMO stocky's should open up the channels in this location more.

HGL

FNG
PVA doesn't have a contour spec last I looked. Factory Tikka shank measures 1.125", the PVA 750 taperless measured 1.165"ish. This is just with calipers. I took the PVA barrel off and put my other one back on after seeing the contact and not having anything on hand to quickly open it up so dont have pictures. Not difficult to address at home but IMO stocky's should open up the channels in this location more.

I've got a PVA 3b Osprey on my Tikka and the shank measures 1.145". This one was ordered several years ago though, back in 2021 if I remeber correctly. Seems they run a bit thicker at the shank than factory for sure.

what barrel contour is your rokstock? does it even make a difference 3b /sendero in that area by the shank?

Clarktar

WKR
No, that is only going to soften the timber

Hardwood timber (such as walnut) has continuous pores, that is they are open ended through the piece.
To stabilize timber it is necessary to limit moisture transfer and the only way to do that is seal it

CA glues are the best way to do that as they are thin enough to penetrate deeply, epoxys are too thick and just cover the surface, and paint or varnish systems are worse
@Castle Rock what is a CA glue?

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if you can order the black carbon camo or is it only an option for the people than ordered the le green?

what barrel contour is your rokstock? does it even make a difference 3b /sendero in that area by the shank?

Sendero. Id guess they all account for a 1.125” ish shank and taper differently from there.
I've got a PVA 3b Osprey on my Tikka and the shank measures 1.145". This one was ordered several years ago though, back in 2021 if I remeber correctly. Seems they run a bit thicker at the shank than factory for sure.

I get the impression they are kind of just halfass about contour consistency in general. Seen reports of lots of different results with the same contour from different orders being way different. They used to attribute it to changing the contour based on finish length but I think they’ve gone away from that now?

I’d probably just be very specific in the order comments if one was concerned about it going forward.