RokStok

I think this production timeline semantics is not worth much discussion, honestly. This is why most companies choose not to do transparent product engineering!

I love that approach and how the community has been kept in the loop. I paid my money and expected UM's production hubris to be way off and I'm OK with that. I just hope they don't keep product development behind the curtain next time (and maybe just refuse to comment on timelines until production has ACTUALLY started).

I think I funded a Kickstarter in 2015 that still hasn't shipped but sends yearly updates. LOL

Looks good. Do you find the leather affects cheek weld height? As in, if you would normally go low rings without leather do you find you need to go medium with?
Only shot it a half dozen times without it so I can’t really say and I have medium UM tikka rings.

@Sadler
What bolt handle is that?
Glades Armory

If you figure 300 Tikka stocks got ordered on 12/21 and they have 3 molds that can produce 10 stocks each week which means the first day of orders will take 10 weeks/70 days from finalization of molds. Which those stocks will technically be within the 90 days that they said.

So.... which date was determined to be when production kicked off full swing?
Per post #3,999 - January 1 was the rough start date of the 90 days.

Only shot it a half dozen times without it so I can’t really say and I have medium UM tikka rings.

Glades Armory

How do you like it? The sterk swept has too much sweep for a eh1 for me, but I do like a little sweep and i like the ball.

Did you read the post?
I read it. In speaking with the guys who put it all together, at the Jan 1st mark the grip molds were not finalized. I don’t know what date that happened, but it was a good bit after Jan 1st.

To me it’s nice they prioritized delivering a “perfected” version over just trying to meet a 90 day from Jan 1 deadline.

I read it. In speaking with the guys who put it all together, at the Jan 1st mark the grip molds were not finalized. I don’t know what date that happened, but it was a good bit after Jan 1st.

To me it’s nice they prioritized delivering a “perfected” version over just trying to meet a 90 day from Jan 1 deadline.

I recall thinking it was mid Feb when the grip was finalized so I was expecting mid May to be the 90 day mark.

913641DD-627F-4973-899B-3D3D4A71011E.jpeg

The mistake was to mention a date before the product was finalized and all the details sorted. They did the right thing IMO by continuing to refine rather than sticking to a basically meaningless date. A month or three one way or the other will be forgotten in time while the quality of the stock will endure.

Just to be clear the 90 day lead time that is stated on their web page is inaccurate?

Following along, it doesn’t seem like much is all that clear, lol.

And the website is still misleading, imo. It now says they have 280 Tikka stocks “in-stock” with the big red box stating delivery in “less than 90 days”. One might suppose ordering an “in-stock” RokStok without cerekote/customization would be a matter printing a label and dropping the thing at a delivery service.

Taking the red box as law, it’s possible they can deliver on less than 90 days, but probably worth following up. It seems best to call them and see what shakes out.

From what’s being said from those with stocks in hand, the wait has been worth it. But what’s the wait? Unknown.

Wanted to get this 'out there'... but rather than clutter up this thread, here's poll thread to try and organize/kick start the Model 70 RokStok pre-order/production train, with the intent to forward it on, along with direct communication to UM/Jake/Ryan. I'm in for one, just want to see if I'll be waiting for 14 others.

... yep, I'm one of those darn M70 fans, and my M70 is a 7mm too. Sure would like a RokStok for it though, so here's a try at drumming up more business for UM/Stocky's and to get the ball rolling. No tire kickers please.

I just want to know when my RokStok will ship!! Ordered December 21st.

Has anyone been able to get the leather cheek piece and LOP spacers?

Have to give credit. I emailed back to a response I got from Jake in early March about the leather cheek piece, LOP spacers and UM bottom metal.
Got a response in 3 minutes from Jake…
Can’t ask for anything more than that. I didn’t ask when my stock will ship, it will be here when it’s done. I’m a customer for as long as they are in business.

Got my BA back today and assembled. Now to go shoot! Going to go through about 40rds that I have left before I mess with my load since I had the barrel shortened to 18".
Forgot to mention I did the ace #3 channel with a factory sporter and there is no contact and I think a better way to go.

Weight without optics or magazine is 6.2lbs. With optics and evo harvester I'm right at 8lbs 14.5oz.

Hopefully shoot Friday.
b0e7d0d704a6afbcd6379493c89c42c1.jpg

65965d0b01ca388a8f3593e36d2c6590.jpg

Last edited:

Just wanted to make sure. Someone asked what was the date being used to start the count down on so I was passing on the only date provided by someone that can provide a date.

I don’t believe I criticized the the process. 10%er

Back