RokStok

Got mine. My barrel is getting threaded at the moment so I can't put it together but I'll report back when I do. Looks great in my opinion.
11ea08d19acd9f2120c2baba160e4455.jpg
6f219698a15a4e5617b1de9905ecf9ae.jpg
3ac06b619b1d629c67ee1e1b404f6ef1.jpg

I don’t know if I am going to be able to wait for that 1” recoil pad option. The Rokstok looks great.
Wait till you see my stock when it comes. I had googled images of cerakote colors and it’s a pic of your gun that unknown did I found online that I sent them when I ordered of what I want mine to look like! I did switch the tan with midnight bronze tho. I think it’s gonna look great.

Wait till you see my stock when it comes. I had googled images of cerakote colors and it’s a pic of your gun that unknown did I found online that I sent them when I ordered of what I want mine to look like! I did switch the tan with midnight bronze tho. I think it’s gonna look great.

I am anxious to see it!

Oh hey…

Fit and finish is good. Very tight fit like Stockys VG2. Bart 3B barrel channel has perfect (plenty) of clearance for factory fluted barrel.

High desert bottom metal fits perfectly (if you torque down past around 50” lbs you will need to use the shim kit that Thomas includes with the bottom metal. Without doing so a very hard bolt close will cause a negligent discharge, same as both my Stockys VG2s. With shims installed and blue loctite/torqued to 65” lbs, 100 or so very hard bolt closes and banging the butt stock very hard, zero issues. Again same as Stockys VG2 and high desert bottom metal. I have thousands of rounds on two different rifles set up like this with VG2 and zero issues).

I could sit here and talk about how shouldering it feels good and the things I’ve already tried on the canal road out back (kneeling, seated, prone, etc.) but instead I’m gonna go kill some coyotes and rabbits with it while I still have daylight hours. Initial thoughts are UM Tikka low rings are perfect. Going to make a slight scope adjustment rearward. Will probably 3D print a 3/8” spacer but time will tell. Everything else seems good so far. The textured grip and trigger reach/hand position is a thing of absolute beauty! It’s basically an even better version of my favorite stock grip of all time (Sako carbon wolf).

I’m also going out tomorrow morning for a few hours to scout/hunt/shoot targets. I’ll do a full write up with photos tomorrow. Zero bias from my side so I’ll report on everything from all field positions that I regularly use.

Oh and real quick before I go. I ordered on day one and never changed my order. For those that care about looks, all put in the notes for paint was H199 Base color with H346 highlights. Zero phone call to clarify which was perfect and turned out just fine!

Bare stock weight with Spartan/Pic.
View attachment 709309

My .260 ready to hunt. Factory stainless fluted 22.5” barrel. Maven RS1.2. Mt Tactical magazine. 3 rounds of 129 SST in mag. Ready to go kill and shoot. Have a great evening everyone!

View attachment 709310
This thread turned gayer than hell about page 2 when the fashion police got into it but you win 🥇

This thread turned gayer than hell about page 2 when the fashion police got into it but you win 🥇
Well I can report that for a first place gay rifle, the thing does its job quite well. 2 coyotes and 6 rabbits down tonight. More shooting in the morning.

Are you saying you’re the lead judge and expert on gay rifles? Tell me more about your experience as a gay judge, I’m very curious as to what your qualifications are.

Why do you get a ND and what do the shims do to help?
It’s a very unique combination issue. Aftermarket trigger spring, aftermarket stock, aftermarket bottom metal basically a tolerance stacking issue combined with a softer spring. Going past around 55” lbs sucks the bottom metal up high enough and causes enough tension that the trigger engages when closing the bolt hard. Adding the shims spaces it back down that 65” lbs can be achieved and the issue goes away entirely.

got mine today, this was the shot show camo (i think it's called untamed backcountry now)
This a 24 inch tikka 6.5cm with a 3-18x44 trijicon and to84s its
8lbs 5oz altogether
Ordered 12/21 first hour.
3b contour, arca pic. stocks weighs 30.5 oz without bottom metal. (31.6 with)

PXL_20240509_025735881.jpg

PXL_20240509_025140152.jpgPXL_20240509_024235167.jpgPXL_20240509_024228307 (1).jpg

initial thoughts are the fit and finish are excellent, texture is great and grip fits me well. I like the bravo grip fwiw. 3b seems perfect for the sporter contour. I dry fired a bunch, it shouldered well but in prone the parallel toe is a little different andt something to get used to.This is the second time dealing with UM, customer service is top notch again. (Really went above and beyond previously when they didn't need to). Excited to shoot it, thanks to all that made this happen. Unfortunately won't be able to get to the range for a little but.

Those of you with sportsmatch rings i tried three different tikka action ring combos with trijicon tenmiles. I know everyones face structure is different but i'd figure i'd post anyways.
maybe this helps someone out
for sort of an understanding of what fits me, a KRG bravo with a caparison cheek piece pad
without the cheek raised at all, flush to the butt of the stock fits me perfect with both to84s/3x9 swfa and to84s/4-24x50 trijicon tenmile.

3-18X44 tenmile with to84s (med) just a touch high but If my cheek weld is a touch further back it should work. I might try the leather pad or some thin foam.
4-24x50 tenmile with to84 (med) these fit perfect but the bell of the scope is closer to the barrel than most would like.
4-24x50 tenmile with ht073 (next size higher from to84s) too high.

sigh just placed my order for a rem 700 LA one in the drop shadow blaze pattern (but this didn't show up under additional notes so I guess they'll contact me). people always seem to be taking my money 😥

In February, I was told that a bolt on option was being worked on but, at the time, grind to fit was the only 1” option. I didn’t ask about the up charge for a grind to fit pad and I don’t know the current status.
So it sounds like it would increase LOP by a 1/2 inch. I was hoping to maintain 13.5 LOP. Might just need to get one as is in that case. 😉 It's been tough to resist so far!

So it sounds like it would increase LOP by a 1/2 inch. I was hoping to maintain 13.5 LOP. Might just need to get one as is in that case. 😉 It's been tough to resist so far!

From what I recall a limbsaver aeropad will fit on here but the lines won't be consistent. Is that correct? I like everything about the stock so far but how scrunched up I feel shouldering it. It's probably just me since I have a fairly large wingspan.

Has anyone received a LE one yet? Curious how the textured grip turns out on them.
unfortunately they didn’t have the molds with the texture built in for those ones, which sucks because the texture on the one I just got is awesome. They added it to mine after the fact and I should have that in hand to compare next week.

On another note, I wasn’t able to compare my rokstok to the manners eh1 this morning but I did shoot it side by side with a 308 in a XLR envy chassis. That gun weighs about 14lbs and is shooting 168 grain eldm’s at 2700 FPS. The 6.5prc weighs around 9lbs and is shooting 156 grain bergers at 2860 fps and to be honest the recoil felt the same to lighter than the 308(both suppressed). That negative comb is something else. Another guy at the range with me agreed and I’m pretty sure he’s buying one now. I was also to spot my shots starting at 300 and if I work on my fundamentals I’m sure I’d be able to spot them at 200. I’m really looking forward to see how the recoil from my 223AI and 6 creed feel in this. I’m betting the 223AI doesn’t even move off target.

The grip shape and texturing is really, really nice in the hand, and the forend feels really good holding it offhand. Impressed so far

Yeah hell yeah as I keep messing with it I’m liking it a lot. Especially how it sits prone

Last edited:
Back