RokStok

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
You didn’t read this thread. It’s not a “modification of the Stocky’s VG.

There is a link to your experience of the Stocky’s VG in this thread. Post said it was everything you need to know about the RokStok or words to that effect. I read what was linked.

Stocky’s made the VG. They make the RokStok. It’s not custom. Similarly semi-custom. That’s my point. Nobody’s shaving contours to my specific preference.

I think the negative comb is a good design.

The fact that this has blown up tells me something too. Th circle is too small.

lak2004

WKR
No, you said you read through all the pages. If you had actually done that the questions would have been answered.

Instead of throwing a tantrum, ask the simple question like this…

Hey everyone. I didn’t actually read the whole thread because it’s way too long. It shows the stocks are in stock but then it also says the stocks will arrive in less than 90 days. Would anyone be able to provide info on a realistic ETA for Rokstock in the following specs?

Or ya know, just call them on Monday when they open and talk to a real human.
Mxgsfmdpx nailed it. You came on here and started bashing UM who has don't nothing but bring awesome products to market and listened to us for input. Go on git

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Mxgsfmdpx nailed it. You came on here and started bashing UM who has don't nothing but bring awesome products to market and listened to us for input. Go on git

Indeed, I joined Rokslide laying in wait to bash UM. Lol. I’m like…the wolf?

The heck you think potential consumers will think who aren’t members, haven’t read all this? Website makes no sense.

I have as much right here as you. I will not go on and git.

If this was any other company, everyone here would be dragging them through the mud claiming false advertising. The sheer production hubris displayed by Jake and his repeated claims of 90 days for a ground-up new product has predictably led us here to a painfully slow ramp up.

In the end, I'm certain a quality product will end up at my doorstep. That's why I continue to spend thousands with them; Blaine is building my 22 Creed as we speak. UM moves fast and breaks things, but high volume production is a reality check.

Jake/Ryan came out and admitted the 90 day promise was unachievable for most. Cool. But if it were my online storefront, I would clean up the language and promised lead times. Guys that deal with them regularly will understand the "actual meaning" of in stock, but new customers will probably get a sour taste and feel hoodwinked. They're probably too busy pushing out stocks with much more manual labor input than expected than to update the website.

Hey, maybe they'll get around to announcing the winner of the Rokstock giveaway from this thread my name is pretty hard to say so I've got a good shot...

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Wow.
First day on the internet?

You do understand that custom, one off, made to order rifle stocks are, in fact, one off, custom & made to order, right? They're not Maccy D's fries dude. Some shit just takes time. These stocks are brand new to market, with a pretty extensive pre-order list. There's gonna be a wait.....

I did ask about bolt side flush cups. On A “one off, custom & made to order, right?” stock…..maybe I could get a response to that rather than a trouser load about what’s in a red box on an item that says “In stock”

Anyone care to talk about flush cups instead of butt slapping over bespoke crocks?

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
No, you said you read through all the pages. If you had actually done that the questions would have been answered.

Instead of throwing a tantrum, ask the simple question like this…

Hey everyone. I didn’t actually read the whole thread because it’s way too long. It shows the stocks are in stock but then it also says the stocks will arrive in less than 90 days. Would anyone be able to provide info on a realistic ETA for Rokstock in the following specs?

Or ya know, just call them on Monday when they open and talk to a real human.

Love that idea….Hey everyone…look at my simple question…

90A146C8-C050-403E-B54F-EE921CDEFE37.png

ljalberta

WKR
I like UM. But their website sucks (as do many small business website). The good thing is I like UM because of their rifle products and not because their web development skills. Best to call them directly or email (could be a day or two for a response) for direct answers. Jake has said he’s not keeping up with this thread.

If it hasn’t been answered yet, the “in stock” thing has to originally do with them setting the max first round amount for pre orders and to base mold count on. That’s in this thread but I don’t think it’s in the website. The red banner was added as a bit of a warning flag to people thinking they’re in stock.

I think they’re around 90 days to 125 days out for stocks from when you click the order button if my understanding is correct (which it has a high chance of being incorrect).

I don’t think it’s very helpful to tell someone to read or re read in further depth a 200 page thread. Some guys have heaps of time on their hands though I suppose.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Love that idea….Hey everyone…look at my simple question…

View attachment 702549

That wasn’t what people including me commented on.

This is-

Yikes. I’ve waded through 205 pages of rah rah RokStok only to find out I can’t trust UM when placing an order. That’s not good. I almost ordered a stock before a Tikka. What a fool I am, lol.

Appreciate the heads up.

You didn’t read the 205 pages as it has been clear since the beginning what was, and then saying that you can’t “trust UM” when there is a massive red banner on the page telling you what is happening, then telling me it is my website- which again says that you haven’t read much because it’s been stated numerous times that I am not apart of UM, and have nothing to do with their products and ordering.
The “in stock”, from what I understand is their system that lets you order. Being that the ROKstock is a pre-order, if that’s the case- then it will say “In stock” so you can pre order. Hence the massive banner, and 205 page thread.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
I like UM. But their website sucks (as do many small business website). The good thing is I like UM because of their rifle products and not because their web development skills. Best to call them directly or email (could be a day or two for a response) for direct answers. Jake has said he’s not keeping up with this thread.

If it hasn’t been answered yet, the “in stock” thing has to originally do with them setting the max first round amount for pre orders and to base mold count on. That’s in this thread but I don’t think it’s in the website. The red banner was added as a bit of a warning flag to people thinking they’re in stock.

I think they’re around 90 days to 125 days out for stocks from when you click the order button if my understanding is correct (which it has a high chance of being incorrect).

I don’t think it’s very helpful to tell someone to read or re read in further depth a 200 page thread. Some guys have heaps of time on their hands though I suppose.

Thanks.

ljalberta

WKR
I did ask about bolt side flush cups. On A “one off, custom & made to order, right?” stock…..maybe I could get a response to that rather than a trouser load about what’s in a red box on an item that says “In stock”

Anyone care to talk about flush cups instead of butt slapping over bespoke crocks?

Email or call them and they’ll put the cups on the other side without a problem or issue. They might say to put a note in the online order or something to ensure it’s not missed.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

I think it will be really close to that at this point.

As I have said since the beginning- I despise pre orders, and were it up to me- no one would have known about this stock until they were fully tested and boxes were sitting on the shelf. However, the vast majority don’t want that- so here we are.

BBob

WKR
Email or call them and they’ll put the cups on the other side without a problem or issue. They might say to put a note in the online order or something to ensure it’s not missed.
They have been extremely easy to deal with with good communication. Never had an issue with them at all with a question or changing something. Always prompt and helpful either by phone or email. They actually emailed me about two weeks after I was looking for something to tell me another customer changed an order and they now had what I was looking for.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
That wasn’t what people including me commented on.

This is-

You didn’t read the 205 pages as it has been clear since the beginning what was, and then saying that you can’t “trust UM” when there is a massive red banner on the page telling you what is happening, then telling me it is my website- which again says that you haven’t read much because it’s been stated numerous times that I am not apart of UM, and have nothing to do with their products and ordering.
The “in stock”, from what I understand is their system that lets you order. Being that the ROKstock is a pre-order, if that’s the case- then it will say “In stock” so you can pre order. Hence the massive banner, and 205 page thread.

You’re digging your heels in for no reason.

It’s true, the UM Website cannot be trusted. It has conflicting information, at best. That’s not contestable. Maybe UM can provide a link to this thread on their website for consumers to fish for the actual truth of the matter. I think anyone should read 207 pages before ordering a RokStok.

Admittedly, your relationship with UM isn’t something I’m invested in. With all your posts about UM Tikka rings; Rokstock why, what, how; etc…idk?

Sorry to bunch you with them.