RokStok

lak2004

WKR
I’ve never needed a stock like that out West, either.
I didn't say needed. But it will have a lot of functionality that factory stocks and others are missing. Especially for long range.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

snopro176

WKR
So what is your perfectly designed stock?
be47c69da2de52e7b4adbd4b2ea0c7b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

woods89

WKR
Looks great, guys!

@Unknown Munitions , are you guys going to release some content about the why on the design on this thing? Reason being, if I think back 10 years, I'd have thought it was a pretty weird looking design. Knowing what I know now, I think it's going to be awesome!

I'm just thinking that the things that are right about this stock need to be marketed, unless you only want to appeal to folks on Rokslide. A really good video on why negative comb, why a high recoil pad, why the grip that you chose, and why a smooth forend might be what a lot of people need to see the benefits.

I'm sure you guys are probably already on this. Thanks for the work on this!

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Looks great, guys!

@Unknown Munitions , are you guys going to release some content about the why on the design on this thing? Reason being, if I think back 10 years, I'd have thought it was a pretty weird looking design. Knowing what I know now, I think it's going to be awesome!

I'm just thinking that the things that are right about this stock need to be marketed, unless you only want to appeal to folks on Rokslide. A really good video on why negative comb, why a high recoil pad, why the grip that you chose, and why a smooth forend might be what a lot of people need to see the benefits.

I'm sure you guys are probably already on this. Thanks for the work on this!

This will be on shoot2hunt. We did a podcast on the features yesterday. We will also do some educational videos. But the biggest marketing tool is the consumer. Word of mouth is the best salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Functional and attractive don’t always go hand in hand. I think part of reason this stock doesn’t exist is because of the way it looks. I think Gunwerks went as far as they dared with the above bore line and negative drop that still looks OK. We went all in on function and shootability.

woods89

WKR
This will be on shoot2hunt. We did a podcast on the features yesterday. We will also do some educational videos. But the biggest marketing tool is the consumer. Word of mouth is the best salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds good! Agreed on word of mouth, it is certainly king.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Functional and attractive don’t always go hand in hand. I think part of reason this stock doesn’t exist is because of the way it looks. I think Gunwerks went as far as they dared with the above bore line and negative drop that still looks OK. We went all in on function and shootability.
I think this is also why you are correct to go with word of mouth. A few months ago I would have taken one look at this and said no thanks. Now I want to buy two of them. That comes from being educated by people I trust on Rokslide. I think heavy marketing would be asking for unhappy customers who did not spend enough time to fully understand the concepts.

PresRB

FNG
I know a preorder was mentioned in the podcast a while ago, will you still be doing that and is there a way to get on the list now or is it more of just a wait and see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I know a preorder was mentioned in the podcast a while ago, will you still be doing that and is there a way to get on the list now or is it more of just a wait and see?

The preorder link will be on this thread and this thread only. I hate doing preorders, once we have your money I get to hear from you every week that “we” have your money:). So we won’t have a preorder until we have a SOLID shipping date.

PresRB

FNG
The preorder link will be on this thread and this thread only. I hate doing preorders, once we have your money I get to hear from you every week that “we” have your money:). So we won’t have a preorder until we have a SOLID shipping date.

I don’t blame you. Sounds like a good plan, thank you!

Looks great. depending on the amount made in first couple runs, I think it might be a great idea if you limited the first couple batches to limit 1 or 2 per buyer so there's no hoarding or shady gunbrokerish reselling and more guys get to try one.