RokStok

Marshfly

WKR
I have never bore sighted a gun

I start close and it’s never been a problem, it never takes ten shots, my 223 took 4 from mounting scope to 100yd zero

I will not miss the ability to bore sight, I have never done it
10 shots is to establish the cone of the rifle with that ammunition. You can't do that with 4 shots.

khuber84

WKR
10 shots is to establish the cone of the rifle with that ammunition. You can't do that with 4 shots.
This is truth, and hence the problem with 95% of shooters in the country. They really don't have a true zero. However a 3-5 zero is good enough out to 600y. Chances are a crap wind call is going to cause a miss here than a zero that's off by 1/3"

Ok, I will put it this way, after 4 shots I made no more adjustments, and still haven’t after a bunch more shots

The only rifle that has taken over 10 in memory without bore sighting is a slug gun recently, and I didn’t actually make any adjustments, but wasn’t getting very confident feedback on my zero, because it starts to suck pulling the trigger, and it has a 4x max zoom

TxLite

WKR
An extra, minor inconvenience during the initial 5ish shots after mounting a scope...

-vs-

Never getting smacked in the face again, being able to spot shots, mitigating muzzle flip/recoil...

REALLY?!
If it got interpreted as being more than a minor inconvenience then maybe it could have been worded better. I don’t think it’s the end of the world

I've never much cared either. Any natural color, non-shiny finish is generally A-OK. Choosing between 2 gaudy neon colors for a hunting stock isn't my favorite though.
I assume if you were in the early preorder and got one of the limited edition stocks, you could just tell them you want a standard color instead.

TheCougar

WKR
I assume if you were in the early preorder and got one of the limited edition stocks, you could just tell them you want a standard color instead.
@thinhorn_AK

Thanks for the point out. It looks like the entire stock will be green or gold for the first 100. I'm torn between wanting to get one (or two) of these stocks immediately, but a bright green rifle... nope. I'm really hoping that the pre-order/initial run has options for something besides those two options. I am pretty agnotsic on a pattern or design, but that is pushing it!

@wind gypsy @atmat

lak2004

WKR
@thinhorn_AK

Thanks for the point out. It looks like the entire stock will be green or gold for the first 100. I'm torn between wanting to get one (or two) of these stocks immediately, but a bright green rifle... nope. I'm really hoping that the pre-order/initial run has options for something besides those two options. I am pretty agnotsic on a pattern or design, but that is pushing it!

@wind gypsy @atmat
We get it, you don't like the limited edition pre-order option. Plenty have said they don't care or do. So just wait until they make one you fancy and quit complaining.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
We get it, you don't like the limited edition pre-order option. Plenty have said they don't care or do. So just wait until they make one you fancy and quit complaining.
Wish I could do 100 likes/agrees with this. Took words out of my mouth. They will be making more than 100 stocks. Just have to hold your breath a little longer then @UnknownMunitions will paint the MonaLisa wearing a tie dye T-shirt on one if you want. Please just don’t make the rest of us live through your impatience too. 100 ‘yucky’ colors will get made first, hang tight.

@thinhorn_AK

@wind gypsy @atmat
I also think it will be difficult to be quick enough to get one of the limited edition stocks, I think the demand is going to be crazy

I’m just hoping I can be quick enough to get in on the preorder period, I think it’s going to happen quick on the initial preorder

And I’m ok with literally any color, haha

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Kind of like buying a new model year truck - might want to wait for the initial production run bugs to get sorted out anyway...

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I wasn't complaining at all. I think you are the one who needs an attitude adjustment. I was thanking another member for clarifying what the initial color will be.

Furthermore, Multiple people have said they don't like the color.

TheCougar

WKR
I also think it will be difficult to be quick enough to get one of the limited edition stocks, I think the demand is going to be crazy

I’m just hoping I can be quick enough to get in on the preorder period, I think it’s going to happen quick on the initial preorder

And I’m ok with literally any color, haha
I’m going to create a bunch of burner accounts and buy up everything using bots, then sell them on the classifieds!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Wish I could do 100 likes/agrees with this. Took words out of my mouth. They will be making more than 100 stocks. Just have to hold your breath a little longer then @UnknownMunitions will paint the MonaLisa wearing a tie dye T-shirt on one if you want. Please just don’t make the rest of us live through your impatience too. 100 ‘yucky’ colors will get made first, hang tight.
Sorry to inconvenience you by discussing a rifle stock in a thread about said rifle stock. For real, get a life lol.