Rokstok vs KRG Bravo

sveltri

WKR
I have a Tikka 243 Cabelas special on the way that will be immediately rechambered into 243 AI. I am worried that the Tikka mag may restrict how I want to load the 105 hybrid and/or the 108 eld-Murder. Will the AICS mag allow me to run longer coal that the factory mag? I am really trying to limit the budget on this rifle as best I can but I am committed to -restocking (would prefer to avoid new bottom metal if I can. I believe the Rokstock is superior to the bravo, in most aspects. Any help/info is greatly appreciated. If I said something stupid please correct me.

?? Both of the stocks the OP has asked about are better options ...

It depends on user opinions. For a hunting rifle, the factory Tikka stock with a couple mods is lightweight and pretty good. The vertical grip accessory along with a cheek riser is what I did to mine and it improves an already sound design.

Bravo might save you a $150-200 depending on rokstock config and what you buy for magazines. Guess its up to you if shaving 24 ounces along with other attributes like sporter mags vs AICS is worth it to you. My Bravo'd tikkas will likely get swapped for rokstoks but we'll see after I try one first..

curious what people think of this comparison now that Rokstok’s are out in the world. Specifically the difference in spotting your shots.

curious what people think of this comparison now that Rokstok’s are out in the world. Specifically the difference in spotting your shots.
My currently Rokstok’d rifle used to wear a Bravo. And I’ve used the Bravos for several years on other rifles too. They’re both great stocks and I’d have no issues using the Bravo for probably forever if needed

That said I think the Rokstok is better for hunting in a few areas: weight, ergos, and spotting shots is easier. I was initially curious to see if the lighter stock would make shots harder to spot since it weighs over a pound less. However, that wasn’t the case in the field. I found myself subconsciously putting too much muscle in to the stock to stay on target when I didn’t need to. After a few hundred rounds with it, I can tell you it’s a super easy shooting stock and spotting impacts is great even when shooting from less than stellar positions.

There are other benefits I’ve found but for spotting shots the Bravo is great, but I think the Rokstok is better overall

@JollyRoger on your bravo, do you have the recoil pad adjusted so that it’s in line with the bore? My understanding is that you can rotate it upside down or something to achieve that?

BBob

WKR
@JollyRoger on your bravo, do you have the recoil pad adjusted so that it’s in line with the bore? My understanding is that you can rotate it upside down or something to achieve that?
I’ve experimented with raising the buttpad, one of my Bravo's is still set up that way. It works… but I also feel like it moves the rifle down if you use consistent contact on your shoulder